iOS 7 Discussion

I've heard people fixing it by resetting network settings or temporarily fixing it by logging out of imessage and re-logging back in. I would recommend for the time being just disabling imessage until a firmware update comes out though.

I've heard people fixing it by resetting network settings or temporarily fixing it by logging out of imessage and re-logging back in. I would recommend for the time being just disabling imessage until a firmware update comes out though.

On all the phones (including mine) I've reset network settings on, all cases have caused iMessage to properly work again. None of which have had any problems since.

1) Disable iMessage
2) Reset Network Settings*
3) Enable iMessage

*The phone will forget all saved wifi passwords and any VPN settings. Make sure you remember passwords and login info!

Mine it hasn't happened again after resetting, but I can't say it won't. I have a friend who has it happen nearly every day it seems (he texts significantly more than I do, but I don't know the cause of the error). So that doesn't appear to be a permanent fix.

I didnt even know this is a imessage issue i had it happen over the weekend to me, but only to one person who has also a 4s but on Sprint me on ATT, everyone else i messaged was fine and they could message me but my messages were not timing out....I just turned phone off and back on fixed issue

After updating a series of ipad2's to ios7 I have noticed that the buttons and ui seem to lack responsiveness. Is this a known issue?

I have reset a few to default and the issue remains.

I found the keyboard to be slower to respond on an iPhone 4, but other than that, no.

iOS 7.0.3 has been released, which includes a fix for the iMessages issues noted above:

This update contains improvements and bug fixes, including:

- Adds iCloud Keychain to keep track of your account names, passwords, and credit card numbers across all your approved devices
- Adds Password Generator so Safari can suggest unique, hard-to-guess passwords for your online accounts
- Updates lock screen to delay display of "slide to unlock" when Touch ID is in use
- Adds back the ability to search the web and Wikipedia from Spotlight search
- Fixes an issue where iMessage failed to send for some users
- Fixes a bug that could prevent iMessage from activating
- Improves system stability when using iWork apps
- Fixes an accelerometer calibration issue
- Addresses an issue that could cause Siri and VoiceOver to use a lower quality voice
- Fixes a bug that could allow someone to bypass the Lock screen passcode
- Enhances the Reduce Motion setting to minimize both motion and animation
- Fixes an issue that could cause VoiceOver input to be too sensitive
- Updates the Bold Text setting to also change dial pad text
- Fixes an issue that could cause supervised devices to become un-supervised when updating software

Thank you Jesus!!!
382.gif

Wow, they changed app-opening animation to just a quick fade. Very good.

Unfortunately, all the other animations are still slow as shit on my iPad 3.

If you toggle Reduce Motion off, you go back to the old style app switching.

I've also found the responsive issue I was talking about. If you do not let the animations finish completely, the apps will not be responsive. For example, go into multitask panel and close a few apps and quickly swipe back to the home screen and tap it. There will be no response. If you swipe back to home and let it sit for a second and tap, it responds.

Reporting that iPhone 4 users can rejoice with lack of motion effects now. The quick fade has more or less turned my phone back into what it was in iOS6, performance-wise. Woot!

My apple tv had an update yesterday i havent heard of any updates for it didnt see anything new added either...

My apple tv had an update yesterday i havent heard of any updates for it didnt see anything new added either...

I believe they just added iMovie Streaming (not sure what it is/does... guessing syncs to icloud and your edited movies)

Reduce Motion in 7.0.3 makes my iPhone 5 FLY!!!

Silly animations were so slow.

Yeah, it's definitely much improved. The big problem is that there are still some animations left. It makes those even more frustrating.

Back