iOS 6.1 Jailbreak Arriving Today

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
If you have nothing better to do on Sunday, other than watch the Super Bowl, you can put your time to good use and jailbreak your iOS 6.1 device firmware. It’s been awhile since the last jailbreakable OS and you may have forgotten a thing or two, so Slashgear has made a short tutorial to get you back on track.

Hopefully, we’ll see the jailbreak earlier in the day before the Super Bowl, that way we can enjoy the game with our brand-new jailbroken devices,

I couldn't imagine using an iProduct that's not jailbroken. Third party apps, ability to load Unix software (Web servers, SSH daemons, etc), fully customize the look of the GUI, changing settings with a simple swipe of the status bar (I.e, enabling 3G while Safari is open) or even adding music controls to the status bar, more useful messaging features (stock SMS app is bleh), etc.

can you install Linux in it or something?
I'd guess most people want it for cracked apps, but you can also install functionality or apps that Apple doesn't normally allow on the device or in the App Store.

Dammit, at Superbowl party and forgot my Lighting cable...everyone and their mother has a 30-pin, no one has a 19-pin :-(

but. what can you do with it?

Tether/wifi hotspot and UI enhancements like Inteliscreen X that modifies the lock screen and adds extra buttons to the pull down menu like 3G/Wifi on/off. There are also some apps that can fix 3rd party video cables that Apple disabled.

Also SpeakEvents, reads emails and/or text messages to you. Why apple doesn't ship it with this features I'll never understand, had it with my old windows CE phones for YEARS.

Kinda wonder if this is iphone 5 compatible or if the site is even real. Looking at the code behind the progress bar, its ether a way for each developer to report that they think its ready, or its jibberish; I'm not about to waste my time figuring out which.

You can use "backup" apps with it.

This is true. But, with all the other features added, this is a minor ability compared to all the other nice enhancements you can get. :) That really says something.

Back