• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

iOS 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

stamsek

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Nov 2, 2005
Messages
15,467
Well, I'm impatient. I downloading the new 4.0 software and updated my iPhone. It is rather nice and quick. For a moment though I thought I lost everything. But it synced and voila!
 
Just plugged in my iPhone to the iTunes - 3.1.3 is the latest at the time. Am I missing something?

try 9.2 and then use shift key and click restore (providing your using windows, Mac is ctrl and click i think). Then find the ios4 (use the site above to get file) file you already stored on your desktop. Open and wait 15 min. U shouldn't lose anything. Don't touch it until it's done.
 
http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1056

iTunes 9.2 (64-bit)
http://www.filehippo.com/download_itunes_64/download/a669d3f62758c52bc329ba5455dd8abe/

http://gumballtech.com/2010/06/07/download-ios4iphone-os-4-0-gm-here-itunes-9-2-beta-included/
everything you need is here to include itunes 9.2 32 bit. Posted 64bit above because it's harder to find.

Follow instructions. Pretty easy.

try 9.2 and then use shift key and click restore (providing your using windows, Mac is ctrl and click i think). Then find the ios4 (use the site above to get file) file you already stored on your desktop. Open and wait 15 min. U shouldn't lose anything. Don't touch it until it's done.

I'm sorry but that wasn't much of help - I'm running OS X. I've checked the updates - everything is all updated. My iTunes is also 9.2. I guess I got to wait? :(

Thanks though.

Oh snap I didn't read the second part that I quoted... ~_~
 
try 9.2 and then use shift key and click restore (providing your using windows, Mac is ctrl and click i think). Then find the ios4 (use the site above to get file) file you already stored on your desktop. Open and wait 15 min. U shouldn't lose anything. Don't touch it until it's done.

For the MAC - it's Options + Click to open file.

Thanks though.
 
It's available on the net to all.

by available to all you mean "collected from non legal sources" as the developer contract strictly prohibits public distribution.

Not really a big deal, but until it's *available with iTunes" it's not really publicly available.
 
by available to all you mean "collected from non legal sources" as the developer contract strictly prohibits public distribution.

Not really a big deal, but until it's *available with iTunes" it's not really publicly available.

Then June 21st is just right around the corner for ya ;)
 
I've been running iOS4 GM since it was released to developers and for the most part it seems pretty solid. I've seen a few weird bugs like the keyboard popping up and vanishing again while transitioning between pages on the home screen. Only real issue I have is the camera seems incredibly slow to start up on my 3GS compared to 3.x
 
I'll put the final version on my phone tomorrow, I"m not too keen on wiping out my phone again and reinstall the official iOS 4 when it's out on iTunes
 
I've been running iOS4 GM since it was released to developers and for the most part it seems pretty solid. I've seen a few weird bugs like the keyboard popping up and vanishing again while transitioning between pages on the home screen. Only real issue I have is the camera seems incredibly slow to start up on my 3GS compared to 3.x

Really? Camera on mine is *way* faster than before, also running on my 3GS since the release to developers.
 
can you hacktivate with this stuff? i bought an iphone with 3.1.3 and 5.12 and now its just an expensive paperweight cause i can't even use it as an itouch cause it's not activated. =\
 
can you hacktivate with this stuff? i bought an iphone with 3.1.3 and 5.12 and now its just an expensive paperweight cause i can't even use it as an itouch cause it's not activated. =\

Pop in an AT&T SIM, even if the SIM doesn't work, and it'll activate.
 
will it charge me the $36 activation fee and restart my 2 year contract?
 
well lots of people have been saying if you activate it thorugh itunes it will charge you an activation fee of $36 and restart your 2 year contract with ATT from that date. Just wondering if it's the same if you just pop in the SIM.
 
so... after i did this i realized that redsn0w wont work for 3gs? wtf is this bullshit seriously i've been googling non stop to try and get my 3gs jailbroken and there is NOTHING finally a glimmer of hope with this and now this piece of shit isn't compatible with 3gs only 3g . rubbish =\
 
so... after i did this i realized that redsn0w wont work for 3gs? wtf is this bullshit seriously i've been googling non stop to try and get my 3gs jailbroken and there is NOTHING finally a glimmer of hope with this and now this piece of shit isn't compatible with 3gs only 3g . rubbish =\

Perhaps you should do some research before spending money.

Regardless, as far as I know, you CAN jailbreak the 3GS.

How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3GS on OS 3.1.2 Using RedSn0w (Windows)

How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3GS Using PwnageTool [Mac]
 
That's what Spirit is for.

Jailbreaking is one thing and easily done with Spirit; unlocking, well that's another thread and another discussion. :)
 
His 3GS appears to be on iOS 4.0, which spirit won't do just yet afaik.

So until later today or even later this week or month, redsnow 0.95 beta is the only jb tool for iOS 4.0 and as of writing it only supports the iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 2G, which is what he mentioned in his post.
 
Supposedly pwnageTool also is able to jailbreak 4.0 only after you patch it though. I'll probably give it a shot tonight.
 
His 3GS appears to be on iOS 4.0, which spirit won't do just yet afaik.

So until later today or even later this week or month, redsnow 0.95 beta is the only jb tool for iOS 4.0 and as of writing it only supports the iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 2G, which is what he mentioned in his post.

thanks for having a brain and reading through my post.
 
Wow... no iPhone 1st generation support huh? Even though the hardware itself is supposed to be identical to the 3g. That seriously chaps my ass on Apple as a company -- I've seen them do these things in the past--not allowing features on older phones, but 3 years and your device is done? That's pretty ridiculous.
 
Sn1per do you still rock a 1g iPhone? I feel like most people don't mind "forced" upgrades as long as there is real value. If your coming from the first gen phone I think that is more than there.
 
well lots of people have been saying if you activate it thorugh itunes it will charge you an activation fee of $36 and restart your 2 year contract with ATT from that date. Just wondering if it's the same if you just pop in the SIM.

so... after i did this i realized that redsn0w wont work for 3gs? wtf is this bullshit seriously i've been googling non stop to try and get my 3gs jailbroken and there is NOTHING finally a glimmer of hope with this and now this piece of shit isn't compatible with 3gs only 3g . rubbish =\

thanks for having a brain and reading through my post.

Lol, you never said you upgraded to 4.0, you wanted to know about activating your iPhone currently on 3.1.3. Don't get angry at us when you couldn't explain yourself clearly.
 
Sn1per do you still rock a 1g iPhone? I feel like most people don't mind "forced" upgrades as long as there is real value. If your coming from the first gen phone I think that is more than there.

Yeah I'm still on the 1st generation -- mainly because the data plan is still under $20/mo. It still works fine. The battery outlasts my coworkers new evo 4g!
 
Lol, you never said you upgraded to 4.0, you wanted to know about activating your iPhone currently on 3.1.3. Don't get angry at us when you couldn't explain yourself clearly.

Iunno, I thought it was pretty clear and thought you guys were just not reading anything at all, did you read the thread title at all? iOS 4.0... and he said 'after i did this' meaning updating to 4.0...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top