iOS 15 Beta

Running it now, seems pretty stable. Haven’t had any deal breaking bugs so far. I wish iOS 14 was this good when it came out.

I always get tempted to run the Developer Beta's, but I'll probably fight the temptation once again and wait for the Public Beta to start.

I haven't tried it yet, but I wish they had a LTS edition of iOS... The phones always run slower after a major OS upgrade...

Yea, one thing I'm not looking forward to is my battery 'health' dropping a good percentage when iOS 15 GM comes out. I don't care what Apple says I'm convinced that feature is 100% a smoke screen for planned obsolescence. Ever since that feature came out, my battery health remains the same but as soon as the GM version of whatever iOS beta I'm testing comes out, the health drops by 3-7%.

Currently on an iPhone XR with it original battery at 89%.

Finally got around to installing the iOS 15 Public Beta last week. It's been really stable for me so far.

Safari is taking some getting used to, and I'm not really liking the new 'Focus'/DND features. I feel like it's going to take me for ever to get my notifications straightened out in a way I like them.

Up to Public Beta 4 today. This whole Public Beta cycle has been really stable this time around.

Looks like the iOS 15 Beta cycle is just about over with. They pushed out the RC yesterday afternoon. Installed the RC and removed the Beta profile off my phone, don't want to accidentally installed 15.1.

So what's the verdict on IOS 15? Is it stable enough to install on my main iPhone?

I just upgraded my iPad Pro to OS 15. First thing I noticed was Today View no longer displays on the home screen. You can swipe right to see/edit it, but it can't be pinned on the home screen. I don't like that at all. (n)

So what's the verdict on IOS 15? Is it stable enough to install on my main iPhone?
The RC was garbage, but everything appears fine on this actual release so far. Although it’s not much of an update besides fixing shit that they ruined in 14 like the alarm clock control, or the text focus function. The text recognition in photos/camera is the only notable decent feature add.

Any news on what's change with 15.1 so far? I rarely participate in mid-cycle iOS updates.

I'm using 15.1 and I haven't encountered any major changes from 15.0 so far. Most of the updates I've read about seem to be device-specific bug fixes.

Late to update and everything especially the browser is running real slow. Have not seen a fix that worked except rolling back the update. Any suggesions?

Late to update and everything especially the browser is running real slow. Have not seen a fix that worked except rolling back the update. Any suggesions?
what phone? its running fine on my XS Max. What's your battery health at?

Back