• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Invisible posters..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genocidal[v2]

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 20, 2005
Messages
484
I've noticed that when some certain people post in a thread, their name will be shown on who posted last, and the number of replies will have gone up, but when I look in the actual thread I don't see their reply only the one previous to it. This happens when i'm logged out too. Ryanrule is one person in particular that I notice it a lot with. :confused:
 
I think this happens when people are put on global ignore list. They can still post, but nobody can see what they've posted (other than themselves).
 
wahoyaho said:
ouch global invisible? :x why not just bann

basically its teh same...just a different way of dealing with it i guess.

it does let them still visit the site...banning can block your ip i think.
 
so we can infer ryanrule is on the global ignore list, eh? nice way to break the news to him.
 
Can we get confirmation that a "global ignore" actually exists?

If you can get ryanrules profile (takes some searching around) and then search for posts it say "sorry, no matches" but then says he has 1,5XX posts.
Its funny to watch the thread post numbers in the threads he is involved in, they go 1,2,3,5,6,8,9,11,12,14,15,17 and so on.
 
It's just a way for the admins to get rid of somebody they don't like. They also think it's funny to see how long it will take a person to realize no one can see their posts anymore... record so far is a year.
 
If you took the time to browse the vBull home page and check out all of the features of vBull software, I think you would have an answer to your question. Whether or not all of the features are utilized here or not, is another question. :cool:
 
I'm going to check those out right now, and then stop asking questions, lest I get visited in the night by men in black suits..

I know i've got a tin foil hat around here someplace :D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top