• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

intune macos chrome and plists

OFaceSIG

Supreme [H]ardness
2FA
Joined
Aug 31, 2009
Messages
4,571
I'm really trying to get a new Mac policy in place at my company to get Macs under control. Mac users have been in a wild west doing whatever they have wanted for years.

I've gotten all the Microsoft stuff in Intune working 100% on a Mac. But I'm trying to deploy a plist to manage Chrome and Safari browsers and this damned thing just stares at me. I know this should work after many days of googling, but I must be doing something wrong.

Anyone got a working plist to manage Chrome on Mac. I'm tyring to bare minimum block passwords and credit card numbers from being stored on that machine.

I'd also like to set hte default home page, new tab URL and restore all tabs upon launch if possible.

It's a constant battle with Apple products over here.
 
I'm really trying to get a new Mac policy in place at my company to get Macs under control. Mac users have been in a wild west doing whatever they have wanted for years.

I've gotten all the Microsoft stuff in Intune working 100% on a Mac. But I'm trying to deploy a plist to manage Chrome and Safari browsers and this damned thing just stares at me. I know this should work after many days of googling, but I must be doing something wrong.

Anyone got a working plist to manage Chrome on Mac. I'm tyring to bare minimum block passwords and credit card numbers from being stored on that machine.

I'd also like to set hte default home page, new tab URL and restore all tabs upon launch if possible.

It's a constant battle with Apple products over here.
Unfortunately I have shared your pain. I never got plists to work on a Mac either. I probably read most of the same bits of info scattered on the Internet to no avail. Everything looked like it should work. Everything on the Internet said it will work. Intune itself was more or less easy to configure but doing things like banning external USB drives was a huge hassle. Back then I had to manually write the xml file for USB drive banning. That was a horrible experience.

I know this probably isn't helpful but my solution for that company (it was a very small company and had Windows and Macs) was to abandon the Apple platform and move every one to Windows where Intune has far better control and shit just works.

Good luck though. I hope you find a solution and if you do please share! I'd love to add that to my local Wiki for possible future use.
 
Look at Jamf, we switched to it to manage the MacOS devices.
 
Wish I could tell you something that would solve your plist problem right now with InTune, but I don't have an answer for you.

Like ND40oz said, I've heard good things about Jamf, but will also suggest Mosyle. Don't use it as a replacement for InTune, but as an imaging solution for MacOS (never tried Chromes in it, so can't speak to that). I'm not doing imaging work anymore, but when I was, Mosyle was pretty incredible at keeping our images in line and up to date.
 
Look at Jamf, we switched to it to manage the MacOS devices.

I looked. WAY to expensive.

Unfortunately I have shared your pain. I never got plists to work on a Mac either. I probably read most of the same bits of info scattered on the Internet to no avail. Everything looked like it should work. Everything on the Internet said it will work. Intune itself was more or less easy to configure but doing things like banning external USB drives was a huge hassle. Back then I had to manually write the xml file for USB drive banning. That was a horrible experience.

I know this probably isn't helpful but my solution for that company (it was a very small company and had Windows and Macs) was to abandon the Apple platform and move every one to Windows where Intune has far better control and shit just works.

Good luck though. I hope you find a solution and if you do please share! I'd love to add that to my local Wiki for possible future use.

I got it working in Intune for all three browsers, Safari, Chrome and Edge.

As far as no Macs? Good luck at my Company. We have an Apple Mafia, they get what they want. The creatives, Marketing VP and Sales VP. I'm just an IT manager. Those kind of folks get to tell me what to do. The rest? They can pound sand.
 
Now I'm trying to get Platform SSO to work but it too is kicking me in the teeth. I know I'm missing something minor and it'll work.
 
I've got the machine syncing one users password even after Entra ID password change which is cool. But subsequent users are still not syncing correctly. I may give up on that front as all of our Macs get issued to 1 user until they are returned. Company portal is working and deploying apps. I don't know how much more I'm going to get done without outside help which will cost money. It's crazy how big Microsoft and Apple are there isn't one "go to" set up instructions to get this working 100%.
 
Back
Top