Introducing Amazon Dash Button

HardOCP News

[H] News
This better not be an April Fool's Day joke...I'm almost out of toilet paper. ;)

Keep Dash Button handy in the kitchen, bath, laundry, or anywhere you store your favorite products. When you're running low, simply press Dash Button and Amazon quickly delivers household favorites at the same low prices offered on Amazon.com, so you can skip the last-minute trip to the store.

That looks like the laziest thing I have ever seen. But then again if it can generate more sales then it's awesome!

I don't think it's a joke I got an email asking if I wanted in on testing.

dont-know-if-serious-or-just-trollinjpg.png.html

Just not sure if this is a thing. A product like this that releases on April 1st...

dont-know-if-serious-or-just-trollinjpg.png.html

Just not sure if this is a thing. A product like this that releases on April 1st...

It came out yesterday.

Tons of people would be interested in this. I would get my kid one of these for her shampoo since she uses about 10x more shampoo than anyone should, then when she is close to running out she can hit the button and more shampoo magically shows up :p

I could see this becoming a problem for households with OCD people that have to touch things four times

Some things are just easier to buy in the ride home from work or wherever. I just don't see the point unless you don't live close by typical places to pick up basic crap

I could see this becoming a problem for households with OCD people that have to touch things four times

Only 1 button press actually goes through apparently, and there's also a 30 minute window to cancel (you also get a notification on your phone).

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2015/03/31/amazon-dash-ordering-button/70747342/

That click also sends a message to your phone, giving you a 30-minute window to cancel.

However many times an inquisitive toddler or pet might click the button, only one order will be sent at a time.

Yeah this is not an April fools joke, I saw news stories about it yesterday.

While this might help some, I think it's fucking moronic (for the consumer, not the company) because it basically forces you to continue to buy that particular product line and nothing else, I'm hoping it at least comparison shops for the best per unit pricing but something makes me think no. And if it said it in TFA, too bad it's April 1st I'm not reading a single FA today.

They should make an Amazon Derp Button that you hit every time you receive something that is poorly packaged.

Seems like a Maxwell House ad to me. Do people really ruin their day by running out of first world single serving coffee cups?

Seems like a Maxwell House ad to me. Do people really ruin their day by running out of first world single serving coffee cups?

Depends on the person, but I'd assume for some, yes. That will put their mindset into "it's going to be one of those days" and their bias will shift, so the bad day will continue.

I can see having one of these and a Tractor Trailer full of Tide arrives because my kids kept pressing the damn button. NO THANKS!

I can see having one of these and a Tractor Trailer full of Tide arrives because my kids kept pressing the damn button. NO THANKS!

It will only place one order at a time and you get an alert to your phone and a thirty minute window to cancel said order.

Back