Introduce me to some new cool, fun, High tech software. "Share the names Please".

J32P2006

Gawd
I spend too much time on the internet just trying to find new cool software that is fun/unique/ high tech/something to mess with.

So I figured if I share some and everybody else shares some that are better then what I shared then I will have some software to mess with, without all the reading to find it.

And let me say that people who respond to this thread just to make me feel stupid for posting this should just not post anything.

I'm just trying to network with people at the [H] that know alot more about software around the net then I do

Okay, software that I like.

Free Software

Bginfo = It automatically displays relevant information about a Windows computer on the desktop's background, such as the computer name, IP address, service pack version, etc.

SafeXP = Safe XP allows users to quickly tweak various security and privacy related settings in XP.

ProcessXP = The top window always shows a list of the currently active processes, including the names of their owning accounts,etc.

Utorrent = µTorrent, the BitTorrent client that is..

PowerOff = Poweroff is a small program for Win95/98/NT/W2K/XP to schedule a shutdown/reboot/logoff/poweroff/Standby/Hibernate/Lock/Wake-On-LAN at a certain time.

CoolMon = CoolMon is a program for monitoring vital system stats and almost anything else you wish to display on the desktop.

SpeedFan 4.27 = SpeedFan is a freeware program that monitors voltages, fan speeds and temperatures in computers with hardware monitor chips.

Gaim 2 beta 2 = We're basically refining crude oil into a usable product. Only instead of refining crude oil, we're making Gaim better. But it's really the same thing. Really.

Google earth = Google Earth puts a planet's worth of imagery and other geographic information right on your desktop.

ResHacker = Resource HackerTM is a freeware utility to view, modify, rename, add, delete and extract resources in 32bit Windows executables and resource files (*.res).

Rainlender =Rainlendar is a customizable calendar that displays the current month. "Resource friendly".

TweakUI = PowerToys add fun and functionality to the Windows experience. What are they? PowerToys are additional programs that developers Build.

nLite = nLite is a tool for permanent Windows component removal and pre-installation Windows setup.

Skype = Skype is a little program for making free calls over the internet to anyone else who also has Skype.

CPU-Z = CPU-Z is a freeware that gathers information on some of the main devices of your system.

VideoLan = VLC is a free cross-platform media player. "It's the best in my opinion".

CDBurnerXP = CDBurnerXP Pro is a free CD/DVD burning solution.

CCleaner = CCleaner is a freeware system optimization and privacy tool.

FireFox with No Script extension The greatest Browser. And Extra protection for your Firefox: NoScript allows JavaScript, Java (and other plugins) only for sites you choose.

Randomizer.msi = Will randomize your screensavers for you. Beacause the same screensaver can get boring.

Software that costs money

Nod32 = The best antivirus software to date.

Snagit 8 = All the screen capture and editing functionality you’ll ever need, in one simply powerful program

Ultramon = UltraMon is a utility for multi-monitor systems, designed to increase productivity and unlock the full potential of multiple monitors.

Winamp = Winamp Pro enables you to burn your favorite music compilations at your computer's full potential.

The software can be anything that you like and use all the time.
It can be free or cost money, but it's got to be real good if it costs money.

Thanks for your time,

J32P2006

I thought Gaim 1.5 was really crap, but Gaim 2.0+ is FANTASTIC. Best AIM alternative out there. Better than AIM itself :)

I like musikCube for music.

Xchat 2 as a free Windows IRC client.

TUGZip as a great free archiving tool that can archive in MANY formats.

DC++ for filesharing.

Daemon Tools.

I thought Gaim 1.5 was really crap, but Gaim 2.0+ is FANTASTIC. Best AIM alternative out there. Better than AIM itself

Thanks, your right gaim 2 beta is better.

Still checking the other software out. :D

Litestep, Explorer2 lite, DVDIdle, Real/Quicktime alternative, File Monitor, Registry Monitor, AVG free, RivaTuner, Mozilla Firefox, Nvidia PureVideo

Just a few

Is there any freeware software like ultramon so I can do two different wallpapers on my two monitors?

not that Im aware of, various vidcard utilities incorporate part of Ultramons functionality
some better than others

alot on your list
espcially ResHacker & noscript
trying not to repeat here

freeware
ProcessGuard freeware version
Filechecker
Mike Lin's MCL
Drop to DOS (RClick Menu shell integration)
TightVNC w\ openSSH (cygwin)
irfanview
Samurize
fsum (great to verify the files youve transfered or burned arent corrupt)
DVDshrink, DVD Decypter & IMGburn
burnatonce
3D Traceroute
Cathy (fantastic seachable catalog of media\files\ect on both local & remote disks as well as burned media)

paidware
ProcessGuard (greatest thing since sliced bread IMO worth every dime)
NOD32
Labview

some more
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=759211

Regscrubxp
Everest
Ultimate Boot CD (Kinda off topic, I know)
Faber Toys

Be sure to check out Czar's linkage!

this has been a very helpfull program, i added a discription of what it does.
Unlocker

Unlocker description
Unlocker is an Windows Explorer extension allowing you with a simple right-click on a file or folder to get rid of error message such as error deleting file or folder, cannot delete folder: it's being used by another person or program.

Helps delete locked files with error messages like:

- Cannot delete file: Access is denied
- There has been a sharing violation.
- The source or destination file may be in use.
- The file is in use by another program or user.
- Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use.
unlocker

When people post...could you please post a tiny blurb about what it is/does?

Tiny said:
When people post...could you please post a tiny blurb about what it is/does?

Done, I edited my first post to reflect.

But are you gonna add to the pot?

FixXPToolTips

This 20kb program helps you work around an annoying bug in Windows XP that results in the tooltips for items on your taskbar and system tray area appearing behind the bar itself. Spending 2 seconds double clicking this program is a lot more convenient than restarting the computer.

Free:

SmartFTP - FTP Client with a nice click-and-drag interface.

Audacity - Great audio program for recording, especially multiple tracks.

Mozilla Thunderbird - (duh) Email program by the makers of Firefox.

Irfanview - Good imaging/viewing program for being free and all.

foobar2000 - I use Winamp3, so I don't use it, but the majority of those who don't use Winamp or iTunes do. Highly customizable.

MusicBrainz Tagger - Good program for editing ID3 tags.

myTunes Redux - myTunes Redux is a program that allows you to download music made available by iTunes. It allows you to search everything on the network at once, live, and works with all versions of iTunes (from 4.1 through 4.7).

Nvu - Nvu (pronounced N-view, for a "new view") makes managing a web site a snap. Now anyone can create web pages and manage a website with no technical expertise or knowledge of HTML.

GIMP - GIMP is an acronym for GNU Image Manipulation Program. It is a freely distributed program for such tasks as photo retouching, image composition and image authoring.

Process Explorer - Process Explorer shows you information about which handles and DLLs processes have opened or loaded.

Back