Intro+ rad. performance.

Snowweasel

n00b
Joined
Sep 30, 2011
Messages
2
First, I'd like to introduce myself. I've been reading OCP and HardForums and have indulged in the awe-inspiring geekyness for years, so naturally, the next step was to join up! :)

I'm snowweasel! I've been a hard core computing computer for a decade or so, but have only recently over the past two years had a budget that matched my conservative-yet-extremely-satisfying dreams.

I'm about to finally commit, giving into my geekiness by building my first water cooled PC, to be powered by a x58 rig for now, and SBE in the near future.

For extreme over locks I'd like to reach, I went as deep as I was able to go into my budget for a case, with thoughts of spending a relatively large amount on the mothernoard, psu, CPU, and video card when the time comes. I reached out and bought a corsair 600t in preperation.

I plan on running 2x gfx cards (7000 series), and a lga 2011 processor, and need some guidance. There are few resources available that offer top-to-bottom guidance and rules for water cooling. I'm expecting to have between 800-100w total power to dissapate, and need to know if there are any 240mm ads capable of clearing out that much heat. I don't plan on overvolting my graphics cards by more than 10%, so these numbers are in peak ranges.

So, to rehash:

I apologize if this is in the wrong section.

1) Any must read/ valuable tutorials or resources on watercooling?

2) Can a 240mm Rad handle 800-1000 watts peak power? Over a short period of time?

3) Is it appropriate for me to ask if there are any water cooling charts online with performance values?

4) I'm new to Modding, so if a 360mm radiator is needed, can someone point me to a 600t 360mm mod link?

5) Am I an idiot for posting here?

Thanks for your time, and I apologize if this is in the wrong area. I'm a quick learner and don't need to be told things twice.
 
First, I'd like to introduce myself. I've been reading OCP and HardForums and have indulged in the awe-inspiring geekyness for years, so naturally, the next step was to join up! :)
First of all, welcome to [H]! I lurked around here for quite some time before joining up.
1) Any must read/ valuable tutorials or resources on watercooling?
Not that I know of, but I found it useful to watch a few YouTube videos of people bleeding and draining a loop, just so I had a basic idea of the concept.
2) Can a 240mm Rad handle 800-1000 watts peak power? Over a short period of time?
I would definitely say no. I presume you are gonna use the setup for some sort of gaming, and that would saturate the water with heat quite quickly. I recommend at least a 360 rad with medium-high speed fans. Perhaps the 600t can house two 240 rads with a few modifications? Might be worth looking into.
3) Is it appropriate for me to ask if there are any water cooling charts online with performance values?
Yup, check out SkinneLabs: http://skinneelabs.com/. He has got quite a few charts on pumps, radiators, blocks and thermal paste.
4) I'm new to Modding, so if a 360mm radiator is needed, can someone point me to a 600t 360mm mod link?
I don't know any mod, since the 600t isn't a common water cooling case, and since I don't own one, I haven't researched it myself. But if no one here can give you a link, google is your friend.
5) Am I an idiot for posting here?
Not at all. I would have posted it in the Watercooling sub-section of this board, but not that big of a deal. And you have come to the right place for advice - I suspect a few of the water gurus around here are able to help you even further than I.
 
Back
Top