RugenNixie
Weaksauce
- Joined
- Aug 29, 2004
- Messages
- 123
I work for a small company that is wanting to build an intranet to serve the purposes of communicating general announcements, sharing project information internally, gathering input such as improvement ideas and safety concerns, and document management. I'm leading this project because I'm the closest thing to IT that the company has (mechanical engineer by trade). I've played around with Sharepoint and think this should work well. The document management is the part that scares me the most. We want to be able to approve and route documents through the intranet and be able to track versions. Sharepoint is supposed to be able to handle this.
I've got to build and manage the system myself, so it's got to be something that won't be too very time consuming. Also, the budget is small, so purchasing a specialized document management package is most likely out of the question.
Anyone with Sharepoint experience that can tell me whether this sounds like a good solution?
I've got to build and manage the system myself, so it's got to be something that won't be too very time consuming. Also, the budget is small, so purchasing a specialized document management package is most likely out of the question.
Anyone with Sharepoint experience that can tell me whether this sounds like a good solution?


