• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

InterVLAN Routing on Layer 3 Switch

1. The OP is not concerned with running out of addresses.
2. This is not a publicly addressed WAN, it's a privately addressed LAN.
3. /30 is unarguably a more common approach.
4. /30 is the "right" answer for the CCNA.

1. Who Gives a shit
2. Again See #1
3. Depends on who you are. You will see alot of people like you that will use /30 because its with in your comfort level. You will see people that work in isp's or have came from an isp environments use /31. Neither is wrong, both will work
4. When did this turn into anything about CCNA. OP is looking for a way to implement a 3560. So again see #1

There is no right or wrong answer here. So put your e-penis away and stop pushing what you think is the right answer.
 
Just wanna say thanks to everyone one here I just learned something! All this talk about /30 and /31 got us looking around our network and we found some stuff setup long ago on /30 that probably hadn't been touched in years.
 
I have to say that I had never heard of using a /31 until this thread. It is not a common practice on DoD networks, that I have seen. I do like it though, and now plan to test it as I am running out of IPs and getting more from DISA is difficult.

The OP stated that he is a new CCNA in one of his first posts. I believe this is why Matt keeps referring to the CCNA. It is true that many people that have worked in the field for a long time attempt to go in and pass the CCNA and fail because what is accepted Cisco practices does not equal what works in real life.

I have enjoyed reading the thread. Sort of a mini nerd war.

OP, I I think you have much of the answers you need. The Linux box is a big question mark as I don't think we are clear on its purpose. You must absolutely diagram the current status and where you need to be and then draw up a step-by-step plan. Be sure to keep your management up to date because you will have some down time during this migration.
 
Back
Top