Interview of the Day: Respawn Entertainment's Vince Zampella

HardOCP News

[H] News
I wasn't sure whether to call this "interview of the day" or give it "quote of the day" but, either way, you get the idea. Zampella's response to the quote from EA's publicist is priceless. :D

Will you make another Titanfall game?

We don't know yet. The game is, critically, a huge success. We're really happy with all the reviews and the positive sentiment. Sales, it's too early to tell. We'd definitely like to tell more of the story and the universe. I think it's pretty safe to assume that we'll explore more of it. EA might have announced more. Devin?

[Devin Bennett, a publicist for Electronic Arts, interjects, "What we've said is we're committed to the franchise."]

So, whatever the f*ck that means.

If EA were truly committed to the franchise they wouldn't have stupidly decided to release the game in competition with Battlefield 1. Even if it's true that the games target different demographics, there is still overlap and they have two FPSs competing for money. And we can't forget about the yearly CoD.

It also doesn't help how they named the game. Some people may be hesitant to jump into a second entry not knowing the first had no campaign.

All the same, EAs blunders aside the game is pretty damn solid and fun.

Ea wont even approve the greenlight for uo. The company running uo has their hands tied by ea who says no to all ideas

If EA were truly committed to the franchise they wouldn't have stupidly decided to release the game in competition with Battlefield 1. Even if it's true that the games target different demographics, there is still overlap and they have two FPSs competing for money. And we can't forget about the yearly CoD.

It also doesn't help how they named the game. Some people may be hesitant to jump into a second entry not knowing the first had no campaign.

All the same, EAs blunders aside the game is pretty damn solid and fun.

I definitely agree that releasing FPS games (basically) beside COD is a merely a death sentence for anything other than COD. COD: Nov 4, TitanFall 2: Oct 28. There's only so many $60 to go around for most young adults. If I was looking to by either one, I would go with COD. That's knowing that I wanted TF2 and would pay $60 for it.

Back