interview for IT tech pos.

Astra

Limp Gawd
Hiyas.

I have got a question.

If you are to be interviewed for IT tecnician position (helpdesk in college) and you are asked a question on the interview:
You have got 50 faults. With which one would start first?

Would should be the answer...?

Your inability to walk away from stupid interview questions!!!

I usually answered that to say a problem of motivation, but I blamed it on the previous work environment, and how your old co-workers weren't that great, no processes were in place, and yuo had to re-invent the wheel everyday.

This tells them you need a good environment to function, and if they believe in their organization, they'll love the answer and pull you in. If they are a half-assed company with internal problems and mismanagement, they will frown on your answer. The point being, your testing them as well as they are testing you.

Always remember...in an interview....your interviewing the company too....not just them to you....it's a two way thing. I've already in the past walked out of interviews for jobs I didn't care to join once you get on the niside...even after being told the job would be mine.

Thats some good advice.

Once I was asked what kind of tree I would be. :rolleyes:

I hate living in a liberal town.

djnes said:
Your inability to walk away from stupid interview questions!!!
I never claimed I am a genius!

Anyway, I am not qualified to be arrogant. I am really just a beginner. I have got A+ and half CCNA behind me. No real experience :( except screwing up with my PC for many years :) So, for now I cannot test them ..I would accept anything for any amount of money. Exp. is much more important for me than choosing between this company and that.

And well, English is not my first language, so it is a kind of impediment as well, though not that big...

Astra said:
Hiyas.

I have got a question.

If you are to be interviewed for IT tecnician position (helpdesk in college) and you are asked a question on the interview:
You have got 50 faults. With which one would start first?

Would should be the answer...?

What kind of faults!? Generally I would start with the first 'fault' that appears- possibly it could solve the next faults...

Back