Interstellar (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD) $13

One of the best movies I've seen in any recent memory for sure and worth picking up.

Overall I liked this movie, interesting science fiction story. But it's slow developing and could have been a bit shorter.

THanks, Happy. This was one of my favorite movies of the last few years. Serious hard core sci fi.

I just wish (no spoiler here) they would have ended it when he was floating in space and saw the two little dots coming at him.

....and suddenly we're in a goddamned bookshelf.....

There are a ton titles on sale this week at Target and Best Buy. Makes me wonder what's going on. I picked up newer releases like Kingsman, Taken 3, and more for $12.99. Don't forget to use Cartwheel if you buy at Target for an additional 10% off.

OOS on Amazon, there goes my chance to use my 30 day Prime trial for something I really wanted :)

I still think Inception is Nolan's best work, Interstellar was great but a little too much of 'love conquers time and space' and scientists behaving like idiots nonsense, although that sort of thing goes over every well these days.

OOS on Amazon, there goes my chance to use my 30 day Prime trial for something I really wanted :)

I still think Inception is Nolan's best work, Interstellar was great but a little too much of 'love conquers time and space' and scientists behaving like idiots nonsense, although that sort of thing goes over every well these days.

Just temporary out of stock. I would imagine it will be back in stock before your 30 day trial ends.
I also believe that if you order now, Amazon will honor the prime 2nd day free shipping even if it goes past your trial.

It definitely took a very conceptual turn at that point, but still pulled from science. That scene is identical to Randall Munroe's explanation of the fourth dimension here:
Still pulled from science, and also really over exaggerated quite a bit from science too. Just because Kip Thorne was the consultant on it doesn't mean the movie got it right.

That said, my issue is I've already seen the movie, and it really is one of those movies where it's mostly about the suspense of what is going to happen next which draws you into it. Not exactly the kind of movie I want to rewatch just for fun.

good movie but not the classic some have it pegged as...Christopher Nolan has big ideas but sometimes the execution of them isn't great

Still pulled from science, and also really over exaggerated quite a bit from science too. Just because Kip Thorne was the consultant on it doesn't mean the movie got it right.

That said, my issue is I've already seen the movie, and it really is one of those movies where it's mostly about the suspense of what is going to happen next which draws you into it. Not exactly the kind of movie I want to rewatch just for fun.

I won't argue science with someone with the handle "sfsuphysics", but I enjoyed the movie enough to buy Kip's book on it.

Isn't that at least half of what makes a good scifi movie?

I won't argue science with someone with the handle "sfsuphysics", but I enjoyed the movie enough to buy Kip's book on it.

Isn't that at least half of what makes a good scifi movie?

You can argue if you wish, I mean there are plenty of handles out there in internetville where the word "hot" or some other descriptive term pops up in there which could be disputable :)

That said, I have the book too, haven't gotten around to looking at it though. I am curious if he explains why there there were 3 "Earth like" planets around a supermassive black hole, and why it was so bright and sunny on them as well :)

I am curious if he explains why there there were 3 "Earth like" planets around a supermassive black hole, and why it was so bright and sunny on them as well :)

He (Kip) goes into that in the book as well as well as how the Nolan brothers would sometimes take the science based ideas and change them to make them more entertaining / understandable / etc at the expense of being impossible / improbable, etc. It's a very good book.

I don't know why anyone bothers buying movies online. The slipcase always comes fucked up or is missing altogether.

I don't know why anyone bothers buying movies online. The slipcase always comes fucked up or is missing altogether.

Do people keep slipcases normally? I never do...

But yeah, great movie IMO. Very few movies try to tackle such a large concept(s) and do it as well, along with stunning visuals, soundtrack, performances, etc.

Where are you buying your movies from? I've never gotten one that isn't in pristine condition.

Back