Internet Time limiter suggestion

freezer

n00b
Looking for some service that will allow me to limit the amount of time my kids spend on the net per day/week. All I have found so far would only limit the time on one box. I’m looking for something that would work across multiple boxes. Otherwise, when they run out of time on one, they just have to move to another one.

Any suggestions?

you could look into something from either IPCop, Smoothwall, m0n0wall, or ClarkConnect to limit time on the internet. you can also set times on your router (i know for sure if it is a linksys router) for when users can use the internet (such as if you want to shut the internet down from 10PM until 8AM).

I can already shut the internet off from say 11pm to 7am. What I am wanting to do is give each kid a time bank. They would get like 4hr per week to spend online. They could use all that at one time or over the course of the week. Once their time is gone there profile will block their access to the internet untill the next weeks allotment. I have found software to do this but is is not something that will work over mutlipal boxes.

cyber cafe pro would work but only on the machine u install it on they would have to have a login and password and you can set there time limit i9i know you can get the demo of the program from there website

IPCop has a plugin just for that, although I believe it only lets you disable internet during certian times (like before you get home from work, or from 6pm to 8pm , that sort of thing).

Back