Internet Security poll

Oleg34

Limp Gawd
What Antivirus or Internet security suite are you using?

If you ask me. I am using ESET Smart Security and absolutely love it. It's very lite on system resources, you cant even tell if it's running or not. :)

I personally have been using Kaspersky Internet Security since I believe it was like 2008 or 2009, but I have only myself to blame for the only virus I have gotten since I disabled it to install a game I didn't exactly get legally so bad on me... Except for the safe money feature which works sometimes and sometimes not, I can vouch that it works beautifully even on xp with less than 1 gb of RAM. They seem to be getting better with the speed and resources aspect of the program and It is nearly transparent to me. The only time its apparent it is working is when you try to open a big compressed file or install a large exe. You will see it scan the files for malicious behaviour and such before allowing it to run. Aside from that really I don't know how it scans everything and still allows a computer to be so quick...

I will say this though, I only buy copies when they go on sale for around 30 bones. and then I stock up on them lol!!!:D

Sometimes Newegg has it for 11-20 bones. You just have to keep an eye on Newegg. :D

Kaspersky and malwarebytes are great when it comes to Internet Security. :)

I web-faced my LAN and don't use antivirus because it installs a virus. Damn computer slowed down again.

Kaspersky Internet Security 2015 and Malwarebytes Premium here. I decided to give Kaspersky a try after using ESET for a few years. No complaints about ESET, mind you: just trying something new.

Network based: Squid transparent proxy with HPAV enabled. Forced DNS with firewall redirect.
^that handles 99% of all clients on the network regardless of their configuration.

On my desktop: noscript in the browser.

Norton Internet Security. Has been great. It came pre-installed on my Gateway I bought from Bestbuy.

You got to be kidding me.
The newer versions are not that bad. They've actually put an effort in to make the program slimmer and have less impact. Whether paying for it is better than free AV is a different matter.

I travel bareback and remain STD free after many years of doing so. Last one I used was ESET years ago until it started destroying online gaming because it was trying to handle every connection I was connected to individually. It looked pretty funny to see that list queued up though.

I tend to find security software more intrusive than malware/malicious software. However, I also no longer go 'exploring' on the internet like I did when I was younger.

I tend to find security software more intrusive than malware/malicious software. However, I also no longer go 'exploring' on the internet like I did when I was younger.

So what if you visit a trusted site that is compromised, OH, now you are a part of the problem because you think your safe and any sites you go to are safe and be trusted...

So what if you visit a trusted site that is compromised, OH, now you are a part of the problem because you think your safe and any sites you go to are safe and be trusted...

Yeah like all those wordpress sites that got infected with something or other.

Back