Internet Running Extremely Slow After Router Reboot

simon741

Gawd
Im running a DLink DI-524 router through a cabel modem connecting to RoadRunner Time Warner Cable. Laptops and my recently purchased Roku player have had some trouble connecting to it so I thought I would reset the router and install it all over again. I reset the router and went through the wizard connecting directly thought it with the IP address provided in the manual. Im almost positive all the settings are the same but I changed the security. I used to have WPA-PSK password but the security settings wouldnt stick so I just kept the default WEP setting and made a password. The internet works and everybody can connect but its unbearably slow for downloading/streaming stuff. I am on a hardwired connection on this computer and my 360 next to it. When I attempt to stream netflix through my 360 Im getting a 1 bar quality rate and it barely runs. Also, downloads on the 360 are very very slow. Any help to what might have happened? What should I do? Thanks

Hav you tried connecting directly to the cable modem? I would say its pretty safe to assume that the router is the issue, but on the off chance its your ISP you may want to check.

Also try just powercycling the router. It may just need to reload its config.

First thing I tried. Ill try again. It seems to be a bit better today but still not at 100%. Could just be the cable company but seems odd that it would happen the same day I reset my router

Back