• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Internet Problems

Joined
Dec 1, 2016
Messages
9
Don't know if this is the right forum but recently I've been having really bad problems with internet. Back story I live in my parent's basement like a fat virgin no life but I haven't had a problem with internet until recently. I play games on a wireless connection but my ping jumps all the time. I'm not completely and totally clueless and have tried everything I believe that could've been the cause. Would like some input plox :) thanks!!
 
do you have issues any place else in the house?
are you under the kitchen (microwave)
what band is your wireless connected you?
what is the AP device (all in one router + wireless?)
running a ping.. does anything drop?
 
I had similar problem back when I lived in an apt complex. My WiFi would drop whenever the upstairs neighbor used their microwave - I only figured it out one day when I happened to have the volume low and heard the "Ding!" through the ceiling.

The "real" answer is to pull a wire. Barring that, Powerline may be an option as well. And further down the list - juggle channels and switch frequencies to see if you can find something more stable.
 
Back
Top