Internet problem, that I can even begin to comprehend

Michael.R

Gawd
Ok this is the most frustrating problem I have ever had with the internet. Let me begin by saying I am posting connected directly through my modem and not my router then modem.

The problems started 2 nights ago, the internet would work for 5 minutes then stop I would have to reboot the computer to have it start working again. Releasing and renewing the IP address did nothing. I reset the router, unplugged everything, plugged everything back in and still got the same problems.

Then yesterday night the internet was working fine for a while, I tried to use my laptop and and I realized because I reset the router the wireless keys also got reset so I cant access the internet on that. So I do what I would normally do, get on my desktop, type in 192.168.0.1 and to my surprise nothing comes up. I try my third computer and everytime I open up the browser I get the "online customer registration" page from my ISP, which I can bypass to get to google and any other site. Right before I went to bed a message poped up on zone alarm saying I had an attempted high rated intrusion, and in the next 5 minutes there was another 400 blocked intrusions This is when I was still connecting through my router, so i should have a hardware firewall as well.

Now today, I boot up my computer again and I cant even get past the online customer registration page for the mac address unless im connecting directly through my modem.

Heres what I don't get, I have two routers I tried both of them and they both have the same problem.

Anyone know what the hell is going on and if there are any solutions? Also should tell you that I called my ISP and they said everything was working fine on their end. Which makes sense considering im on the internet right now.

Edit:Just now I got another high rated (by zone alarm) attempted intrusion. It showed me the Ip as well.

friend of mine had same problem. caused by overheating. try moving them apart or something

so if you plug computer 1 into your modem internet works,
what if you plug in another computer directly into your modem?

if it doesn't work, from computer 1 find a feature on your router called something like mac address fake (its not fake, i cant remember the right word right now) and activate that, which should fix your problem

i think its called mac address clone

I Had the same problem with a friend computer.

It's supposed to be a virus that NOD32 can desinfect.

But I had to reformat the whole damn thing.

Now i'ts working great.

killa62 said:
so if you plug computer 1 into your modem internet works,
what if you plug in another computer directly into your modem?

if it doesn't work, from computer 1 find a feature on your router called something like mac address fake (its not fake, i cant remember the right word right now) and activate that, which should fix your problem

i think its called mac address clone

I tried my other computers and when they are connected directly to the modem they work.

dopefishzzz said:
I Had the same problem with a friend computer.

It's supposed to be a virus that NOD32 can desinfect.

But I had to reformat the whole damn thing.

Now i'ts working great.
I ran a virus scan again and nothing came up. I Will download the trail of Nod32 and try that as right now as I have AntiVir

MrkXCeL said:
friend of mine had same problem. caused by overheating. try moving them apart or something
I never thought of that, I will try that to.

Back