Internet on Longhorn

DeadlyAura

Supreme [H]ardness
I just upgraded to the beta version of Windows Longhorn. I have a Comcast home network and cannot connect ot the internet. I can't figure out how to set myself up on this new version of windows. Can anyone help?

Have you tried plugging the computer directly into the cable modem? See if you can even get on the net by bypassing everything but the modem and the computer you have longhorn on....

I thought about it. However, the modem is in the basement, the computer is 2 floors up in my room. The rest of the computers hooked up are working fine. Like the one I'm using now.

DeadlyAura said:
I thought about it. However, the modem is in the basement, the computer is 2 floors up in my room. The rest of the computers hooked up are working fine. Like the one I'm using now.

Some details would help. Type of network connection? Updated drivers?

Cable internet through Comcast. Router in my room directly connected. 3 other computers through wireless connections work fine. Comcast Home Networking Lynksys router/modem combo. Its a secure network.

I don't know what else to add, let me know.

"cannot connect" you need to be more specific - can you see the wirless network? are you able to connect but not get online? does it ever show you are being connected? does it even see the network card?

I'm guessing it's not seeing your card. If the supplemental driver pack doesn't have drivers for your card, I think you're pretty much SOL.

Back