• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

internet filtering software for home use? (windows XP)

dr.stevil

[H]F Junkie
2FA
Joined
Sep 26, 2008
Messages
9,315
So a guy at work asked me if I knew of any software that he can use to limit his sons internet use. I know that it exists, but I've never personally used anything.

I guess his son (who's still a bit young I would assume) likes to get side tracked when he's doing his homework and starts reading various sports websites (yes, sports :D). He wants to pick up some sort of software that will restrict sports releated websites (among others) during certain times of the day.

I told him that I'd ask on here and would let him know.

So, can anyone suggest something? He's using XP btw
 
Open DNS first. Onlinefamily.Norton is a free software offering. Between the two, he should be covered.
 
I use one from bluecoat, ahhh I forget the name it is free has a picture of a dog on it.

Works quite well. If they tamper with it, it'll tell you and so far they have managed to screw up the system before they knew how to get that out. Only stupid thing is that it is not remote managable. The port they give you can't be accessed outside the computer but you can use a port forwarder its just that the performance goes down as far as the admin side. Gives okay reports too.
 
What I can suggest is spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam[/url]

Spamtastic. Too bad the OP posted this a year ago. :rolleyes:
Noobie thread-resurrection strikes again.
 
Last edited:
MaeColes is spamming. All his posts have links to his blog Time Doctor dot com. There was another in Webmastering & Programming. Reported him to the MODs. If you want to advertise your blog on here at least don't call attention to yourself by resurrecting old threads.
 
Back
Top