Internet explorer problem...

OvrrDrive

2[H]4U
9 times out of 10 when I click a link or favorite, I get a timeout and then a 404, only to simply click refresh and it instantly goes to the page...

Any suggestions?

I'm using IE6 with SP2 installed... The problem just manifested itself about 2 weeks ago and seems to be getting worse.

Wheeee! Use Firefox instead! Wheee!

Well, vapb400 beat me to the punch, but I mean it totally sarcastically, since using FF or Moz is not the solution to the problem, just another way to hide from or ignore the problem (for a little while, at least).

Try ipconfig /flushdns first.

vapb400 said:
www.mozilla.org :)

Try reinstalling IE, and clearing all temporary internet files. Did you run adaware/virus scan?

I did scan with adaware and spybot just a few days ago.

I haven't tried clearing the files yet though.

GreNME said:
Try ipconfig /flushdns first.

More info?

I knew there was a way to do that, and was thinking that might be what I needed to try but alas, I've never done it before.

Btw, I actually like ie so... :p

edit. I didn't put the space after ipconfig the first time. I got it to work now.

Let's see if it helps.

Update:

I still had the problem after the dnsflush, but apparently deleting all cookies and files may have fixed it.

Btw, I viewed the files after I deleted and there was on activex control that said it was damaged, so I deleted it too.

I'm not sure what got the problem...

Thanks guys. ;)

edit.. Actually, the problem is better but still happens...

Back