Internet Explorer is freezing up on me

PokerFool

n00b
I have a year and a half old Dell Desktop running Windows XP Media Center edition.

For the last couple days, Internet Explorer (IE 7) has been constantly freezing up on me. Some times it only takes 10 seconds of browsing, sometimes after 2 minutes of browsing.

What happens is that I can't click on anything, I can't scroll, I cant open any menus up top and the hour glass shows up. Then "(not responding)" shows up on the top of the title bar (and in task manager).

Then I have to "X" out the window, and the "End Program" window appears and the "Send Error Report" window appears.

I've uninstalled and re-installed IE7. I've run virus scan, spyware and adware scans. It still happens.

The only programs I have installed/downloaded in the last coupled days are Skype and Mikogo (Desktop viewing program)

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

I've seen this issue in the past, something of the following fixes it, but since I do it as preventive maintannance, cant tell for sure what fixes it:

Try resetting all IE security zones and advanced options to default values.
Remove all previous versions of macromedia flash and sun java, then install just latest versions, get them from filehippo.com
Run CCleaner and ATF Cleaner and let them remove all garbage from your internet and windows temporary files.
Download, update and scan your computer with SUPERAntispyware, also from filehippo.com

Report back if problem persist, and if possible post a hijackthis .log

Back