Internet Explorer Error

icehokplyr

Limp Gawd
When I click on IE, I get an ieexplorer .exe-application error. I can not get on IE. Any suggestions as to what or why this error is occuring? the error reads, " The application failed to initialize properly (Oxc0000005). Click OK to terminate the application.
I can click on my computer and access the internet from there.

Thanks in advance.

I had the same thing happen this AM. I got tired of messing with it and downloaded the FireFox app. with another PC, loaded it on the bad one. It's happily surfing the web now, but I too would like to know what happened.

Thanks for the reply Bro. I can't figure it out. It's actually my buddy’s computer that I was trying to fix. He is bringing it over today and wants me to re-format it. I hate reformatting. Thanks again though and have a good holiday.

WuzFast said:
I had the same thing happen this AM. I got tired of messing with it and downloaded the FireFox app. with another PC, loaded it on the bad one. It's happily surfing the web now, but I too would like to know what happened.

icehokplyr said:
ieexplorer .exe-application error

likely because Internet Explorer's process ID is iexplore.exe, not ieexplorer .exe
if you typed that accurately your hijacked or infected

I wonder what's going on, now a friend just had the same thing happen, must be a new hijack program floating around. I'm going to load Firefox on his too.

If you're using IE and you haven't stated that you first assumed an issue of this sort was spyware-related and that you've scanned with SpyBot, Ad Aware, and/or SpySweeper, then spyware is likely your issue.

Run scan with two or three of those apps, run Windows Update, and for heaven's sake, switch to Firefox. Internet Explorer should only be used by very advanced users, idiots, and daredevils.

If you still have problems, run HiJackThis (in the sticky thread at the top of this forum).

Well, I just took my buddy's computer home with me and I am probably goig to have to re-format it. When I turn it on, it lags big time. When windows starts up, it takes alomost 10 minutes to fully load. I'm thinking he was hijacked too. I will try to log on again and see if I can run Hijack This. Thanks again for all your help.

DigitalMP said:
If you're using IE and you haven't stated that you first assumed an issue of this sort was spyware-related and that you've scanned with SpyBot, Ad Aware, and/or SpySweeper, then spyware is likely your issue.

Run scan with two or three of those apps, run Windows Update, and for heaven's sake, switch to Firefox. Internet Explorer should only be used by very advanced users, idiots, and daredevils.

If you still have problems, run HiJackThis (in the sticky thread at the top of this forum).

Computers are like air conditioning. The both work great until you open up windows.
I think I've read that posted on here once. It's so true.

WuzFast said:
I wonder what's going on, now a friend just had the same thing happen, must be a new hijack program floating around. I'm going to load Firefox on his too.

Back