internet explorer 64bit & flash plugin

JVC

[H]ard|Gawd
why doesn't the flash plugin work on ie64, and does anyone actually use ie64?

different code than 32bit and Adobe is taking their sweet old time making a 64bit plugin.

As for does anyone use it, I don't but I can't speak for the entire population.

thanks for anwsering.

but why did ms make this 64bit if no one uses? is there a purpose having a 64bit browser??

Preparation for the future? Not knowing the code base, I'd assume minor changes were made to the code and they were able to produce a 64-bit build of IE. Deliver a 64-bit IE now so that plug in developers can update their plug ins for the 64-bit browser. Of course, not like anyone's actually doing that though, but it's there, at least.

Preparation for the future? Not knowing the code base, I'd assume minor changes were made to the code and they were able to produce a 64-bit build of IE. Deliver a 64-bit IE now so that plug in developers can update their plug ins for the 64-bit browser. Of course, not like anyone's actually doing that though, but it's there, at least.

If they build it, they will come.

I mean contrary to popular belief on the forum, MOST people are running 32bit Vista, why? Because thats what comes on their computers. Manufactures and Devs arent going to start coding 64bit until the masses are using it.

What use is a 64 bit browser going to be anyway ? Its another thing microsoft love to do, wasting money made on outrageously priced products on rubbish features that nobody needs.

thanks all

your informations are truly depressing!;)just kidding.

There's almost zero support for X64 browser. Just stick with the x86 one, there's no reason not to.

What use is a 64 bit browser going to be anyway ? Its another thing microsoft love to do, wasting money made on outrageously priced products on rubbish features that nobody needs.

Maybe in preparation of eventually being able to transition to native 64 bit at some point? Did you complain when the transition was made from 16 to 32 bit (or were you even alive then)? Notepad runs fine as 16 bit, but it would be rediculous to still be using it that way. By releasing IE as 64 bit, they have a mature product when 64 bit becomes mainstream. I don't see how that is wasting money.

Besides, if even Microsoft doesn't release 64 bit software, why should anyone else?

A 64bit browser makes perfect sense when the entire system is 64bit... then you don't need to load 32bit shared libs and maintain two sets of programs

atm it is pointless to have a 64bit IE since there is no 64bit flash,java,realplayer,<insert plugin of choice> for windows, but some date there will be

However us linux users get to enjoy 64bit java (via icedtea :D) 64bit flash (via gnash ro nspluginwrapper :D) and 64bit vid playback (via VLC plugin :D)

However us linux users get to enjoy 64bit java (via icedtea :D) 64bit flash (via gnash ro nspluginwrapper :D) and 64bit vid playback (via VLC plugin :D)
And windows users get to enjoy every single good gaming title on the planet :D

Back