internet explorer 6.0 jpeg resizing

agentzero9

2[H]4U
IE 6.0 automatically resizes pictures that are larger than your desktop. If you are not familiar with what I'm talking about, here is an example of the icon that pops up after you view a picture that is "too large"...

icon

Is there a special way to get the icons to show up so that you can blow the picture back up to full size? Usually I just rapidly move the mouse around but sometimes this can take as long as 10 seconds and thus is really annoying. There must be a more sophisticated way to bring up the resizing/downsizing icon...

I'm not sure if this is the problem you are having or not, but under Tools/internet options/advanced and then under the multimedia section did you check/uncheck the "enable automatic image resizing"?

Originally posted by IxGOxSOLO
I'm not sure if this is the problem you are having or not, but under Tools/internet options/advanced and then under the multimedia section did you check/uncheck the "enable automatic image resizing"?

Thanks for the tip. Now I know I can turn it off If I want.

But the thing is I don't mind that it automatically resizes. I just want to find out the quick way to get the pictures back up to full size instead of wiggiling my mouse cursor for 10 seconds until the icon appears. Is there a faster or more specific way to bring up the "resizing icon?"

Well personally i just leave mine unchecked all the time. That way if it is bigger i have to use the scroll bars. Other than that i'm not sure i can really help you since i really don't notice much of a problem, or at least i don't think i notice anything that bothers me.:D

Yeah sometimes I don't like the scrolling if I want to see the picture from an 'artistic' point of view.

For example if you are at the museum and looking at the Mona Lisa, you don't want to see the left 1/2 of it, and then the right 1/2 of the painting. You want to see the entire painting at once. That is the only way you can appreciate the art.

However if you want to see the individual details you might want to see the image up close and thus only look at portions of the image. But I like to switch back and forth between the "scroll version" and the "non-scroll version."

I just tried that trick to turn off automatic resizing and then it doesn't even give you the option to downsize the picture! (I tried the mouse trick to bring up the downsizing icon); so you are STUCK with scrolling to see the entire picture at once, unless you download the picture to look at in a photo viewing program.

Edit:

for example if you look at this pic:

warning: 3.5mb picture

It would be nice to see the entire picture without scrolling. Otherwise her face is taking up the entire screen. However if I want to see the details in her sweater then it's good to have the option to "blow up" the picture to full size.

Well aside from just placing the cursor over the picture for about 5 seconds and waiting for that little "expand picture to full size" i really don't know of any other way to do that. Sorry, perhaps soneone else can help.

Originally posted by IxGOxSOLO
Well aside from just placing the cursor over the picture for about 5 seconds and waiting for that little "expand picture to full size" i really don't know of any other way to do that. Sorry, perhaps soneone else can help.

LOL I almost have to laugh at this. You may not know it but you just solved my problem, thanks.

Originally posted by agentzero9
LOL I almost have to laugh at this. You may not know it but you just solved my problem, thanks.

Heh, thanks for making me aware. It gives me a whole new feeling of importance. Haha. Glad i could help.;)

Rather than rapid movement for me, or waiting for a terribly long time, simply move the cursor off the image, then back onto the image, then hold the cursor still on the image for about 1 second. The trick is the off->on thing.

Back