Internet drops after 10 minutes on 1 notebook

exchange keys

Limp Gawd
Device: Dell Latitude D630
LAN/WLAN NIC: Broadcom 57XX Gigabit Integrated Controller, Wireless 1395 WLAN Mini card

I guess I should describe my problem. I have this notebook that belongs to a domain, and up until Sunday night, the notebook has been able to get Internet access without issues. I've taken the notebook to two seperate networks, and it connects like it usually does (either LAN or WLAN adapter), and then after 10 minutes or so, it drops HTTP or HTTPS connections like there was a firewall exemption got turned off or something. However, other applications (such as Outlook using RPC over HTTP, SFTP/SSH Clients, ping/ICMP...) works.

I have done the following:

• Switched networks to see if it was an ACL/Group Policy issue
  • Release'd and Renew'd IP address lease - Success
  • Ping'd Gateway/DHCP/DNS Server(s) - Success
  • Ping'd an external website like www.topsight.net - Success
  • Tried cmd "telnet www.microsoft.com 80" - Failed after 10 minutes
  • Reinstalled LAN and WLAN drivers - Failed
  • Tried playing around with network adapter settings under TCP/IP Properties - Failed
  • Checked services.msc for any services that might be needed for Internet (ICS?) - Failed
  • Reinstalled the Winsock Catalog by cmd "netsh winsock reset" - Failed
  • Turned off virtual adapters or other services (WinCAP; IPSec; Cisco VPN Inc, VPN Client; Windows Firewall; etc.) to test - Failed
  • Turned off/on ICS by doing cmd "net stop sharedaccess" and "net start sharedaccess" - Failed
  • Downgraded/Uninstalled web browsers (IE8 to IE7, Firefox 3.0.7) - Failed
  • Logged in under a different computer account (local admin, domain user) - Failed
  • Checked GPO by cmd "gpresult" and my OU and Security Policies don't block Internet

I've probably done some other shit, but I don't recall by now b/c I probably spent a few hours troubleshooting the issue. It definitely seems to be an issue with the computer though.

I did download WireShark and tried to establish an HTTP connection, and it seems that it stops at SYN, but never does the ACK to acknowledge.

When I tried cmd "netstat -aon" and looked for LISTENING on Foreign Address, it made a TIME_WAIT status.

So, hopefully someone here can guide me in the right direction b/c I'm about to reformat this bitch :D

Thank you

Well, for anyone that cares, I guess I found a work-around (some-what possible solution).

It seems that when I uninstalled the Cisco VPN Client v. 5.0.01.0600, my Internet started working again just fine. Once I reinstalled it, it dropped again. However, I ended up running the Cisco VPN client again, and VPN'ing into another domain that the client's domain actually trusted, and BAM! I got Internet again. The funniest thing is that I can disconnect from the Cisco VPN client after a second or two, and then I have flawless Internet for the whole remaining time I use my notebook.

Funny, right?

I'm apparently going to receive a new notebook from the client's company, so I'm just going to live with it (or try to really fix it) until I get my new device.

So, I guess, thanks for being my blog? lol.

Have a good day.

Back