Internet connection wierdness

Disarray

[H]ard|Gawd
I have Bellsouth DSL, Microsoft mn100 router and 2 pc's connected to a westell modem.

No problems for 2 months. I did not do any kind of configuration with the router. It is set for dynamic and somehow is able to connect to the internet. (Dont know how it is connecting but it does).

3 days ago, I could still connect to Battlefield 2 and play games, run teamspeak, ventrilo and AIM but I was unable to use internet explorer or firefox on either computer. I unpluged everything, waited 2 minutes and restarted, everything worked.

Last night, start the computers, surfed for 2 minutes and then the same problem appeared, could game on line but no surfing. Shut everything down and then this morning everything magically works again. I did try accessing the router last night and use the release/renew buttons with no change in the symptoms.

Do you have any suggestions?

could you surf by IP? Bellsouth had a DNS outage recently. I would suggest an "ipconfig /flushdns" first.

I have been unpluging my router every night and the problem has yet to reappear.

Back