• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Internet connected, most websites not working

dcsantiago

n00b
Joined
Aug 18, 2015
Messages
4
HI there. 2 days ago, my PC started to present this problem: Internet is connected (cable), but most websites won't load. When trying to connect, it presents some kind of time expired error. When I ping, some websites will give good response and other wont and they will vary over time.
What did I try to do:
1) Use other programs. I've tried Chrome, IE and Firefox, all present similar problems.
2) Reset cookies, etc
3) Run antivirus, antimalware
4) Reset the socket using cmd (I could only use power shell, since my pc wouldn't find resetlog.txt)
5) Reinstall the mobo drivers
6) Checked the cables

Nothing worked! To worsen things up, I uploaded to windows 10 while having this problem, hoping that this would fix the problem, but it still the same.

What should I do next? Reinstall windows? buy an ethernet card?
Please help!
 
Have you set any DNS shit in your router or on your connection? Is there a proxy set up that you need to disable?
 
I followed some other posts to flush the dns, but to be completely honest, I don't have a complete understanding on what is happening there.

BTW, I replaced the cmos battery around the same time the problem started. Could this have something to do with the probem?
 
are you connected to a router, or directly to the modem?
do other devices experience the same issue, or just this machine?
 
Run the command prompt as administrator.

Then type in this command and hit return and then reboot.

netsh int ip reset

That will reset your TCP/IP stack.

Not all websites will be able to be pinged. Just depends on how they have the web server set up.
 
Back
Top