internet acting funny at college.

Destonomos

[H]ard|Gawd
Since today my internet has been acting funny... ares won't connect it just sticks at connecting but my roommate has been downloading off ares all day no prob.... Sometimes the stuff i had qued b4 it started doing it will start downloading but since it never connects i can't use the search function. Also websites in internet explorer seem to load slow. Me and my roommate did a low grade test where we both went to a site we had never been to and his loaded it in like 3 to 4 seconds and mine took well over 6..... it is still fast but it seems sluggish.... and the ares thing blows... although I still get like 80 and 60 to 90 pings in online games and mirc works fine now that the campus turned irc clients back on.... Anyone know what could be up? I did a virus scan and got rid of everything ran ad aware and spybot and spybot told me it found a spyware within the resident shield not when i ran a test and said i needed to run a test to get rid of it and I did and it didn't find it. Searched on google and found i had to manually remove it so I did. Still nothing..... I downloaded zone alarm to see if a trojan was accessing the internet and eating up my bandwidth and nothing..... anyone got any ideas....?

Back