Internal XGA zu VGA

Henni1000

n00b
Hi,

I have just taken of the display of my old and not working HP compaq nc6000. I want to use it as a normal vga display. (And yes, the display should still be working.) But I am not sure how to get it running. There is a plug that definitely looks like the Display Plug.

(click for bigger Picture)

It is marked with a Sign, that is showing, that this should be a xga plug, I think it should be possible to just have kind of an adapter for it. Because xga is a technology that was developed after vga and based on vga. Another thing, that is interesting on this sign is, that it is showing the sps number (some kind of product number) of the cable. It is: "SPS:344396-001" You can find quite a lot of these cables on eBay, so it should be a common standard.

As well there are three more cables coming out of the display. I am quite sure, that two of them are for some kind of antenna. (Maybe Wifi?).

And the third one is either the cable for the microphone, that is in the display or it is to power the Display, but I think this is done over the main plug.

So my final question is: "Do you know if there is a adapter to VGA existing, or do you have an Idea on how to build one?"

Henni

P.S.: Your BB-Code is working nicely, I like that :D

Are you really sure you want to do this? I mean, after all, many laptop displays, including this one, has a contrast of about 200:1, a low color gamut and more narrow viewing angles than budget desktop displays. Just a thought.

Laptop LCDs were (and most are still) equipped with only an LVDS interface, which is low-cost, high speed and easy to implement, but only suitable for smaller cable lenghts. (below 1m). It requires some modifications before it will work as a normal monitor with a DVI connection (TMDS).

You need to open up the LCD lid assembly and remove the panel fully. You won't have any use for the cable that is currently attached, as HP has likely merged other connectors into the plug, which doesn't have anything to do with the display. Also, no-one except HP uses this - unknown - pinout. What can be determined is the panel pinout on the backside of the panel.

The easiest would probably be to just identify the panel mondel number, and order this set, if it the model number is listed: http://www.ebay.com/itm/5251-Audio-LCD-Controller-Board-laptop-LVDS-DVI-VGA-/270971717458 :)

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Hey,
Thank you a lot. This is really useful, to know.
Yours is the best I found.
So, really thank you.

Back