• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

internal usb/firewire extension?

Hehe I am not sure if this would be compliant with the usb/firewire standards.. but I think your only real option is to splice those wires.. chop in half solder extra wire between the chopped ends.
I havent seen anythng of that sort before but who knows.
 
Thats what I did, I made my usb cables going to the front about 1ft longer by adding extra wire. It wasnt hard at all, and you really dont need to solder if you wrap them tightly and put electrical tape over them.
 
Just go buy a USB cable and cut off each end.
 
wtf?! what, did you punch those holes in the faceplate with blunt scissors? c'mon, clean those holes up, or better yet, start over, and be careful this time. gah!

you can extend those wires by cutting the cables in the middle and then extending each strand. make sure to use heatshrink, although judging from your faceplate modding skillz... :)
 
Back
Top