• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Internal USB extension cables

Sib

Weaksauce
Joined
Nov 10, 2004
Messages
119
My USB front panel cables are not long enough for me to hide them, and they are getting in the way (I have 3 + 1 firewire). I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get cables with a 10 pin IDC male connector on one end and a female on the other. I would really prefer them to be round like the front panel cables.

Worst comes to worst, I can order the IDC connectors and some cables and make my own.
 
I've never seen extension cables. Besides this is the modding forum--It's practically expected that you'll make your own! :)
 
I found the female connector and 9 conductor cable. Now go find me the male connector. This is what you use forums for right? To share and get information. :rolleyes:
 
Othersider said:
http://frontx.com/order1.html

It'll take a little bit of modding. There's only 1x5 on the connector page. You can always heatshrink 2 of them together.

that was a good site..
What about any other ports.. such as keyboard and mouse.. just in case you werent using a USB keyboard ... anyone have a solution for that?
and anyone got any links on how to make your own or something ..
 
Crazystick said:
that was a good site..
What about any other ports.. such as keyboard and mouse.. just in case you werent using a USB keyboard ... anyone have a solution for that?
and anyone got any links on how to make your own or something ..

Same site, "external ports" page.
 
hey thanks Othersider..
been a bit sick lately .. i guess that might have had something to do with it.
thanks alot..
 
Thanks for the site. From what it looks like the female and male connectors are the same. They just use pens instead of sockets on the males.

I will probably end up making my own. It would end up costing me almost $40 to get the cables I need. Hopefully I can make them for around $20.
 
Back
Top