Internal SATA to USB

Discussion in 'SSDs & Data Storage' started by [U]ber|Noob, Feb 16, 2015.

1. [U]ber|Noob

[U]ber|Noob Limp Gawd

Is there any sort of cheap simple adapter to enable connecting a usb flash drive to an internal sata port to function as a hdd/ssd.

2. plugwash

plugwash [H]ard|Gawd

Not seen an adaptor that way round. I have my doubts that one exists and if it does exist I would expect it to be pricey.

What is your motivation here? space? cost? something else?

3. mwroobel

mwroobel [H]ardness Supreme

Sata to USB, not that I have seen (other way sure there are tons). SATA to SD or SATA to CF sure, still flash just different IF.

4. [U]ber|Noob

[U]ber|Noob Limp Gawd

There is a linux based pvr called openelec which won't enter standby if it is installed to a usb device.

It still might not work but I just wondered if there was an easy way to test it.

I couldn't get it to work before with my dvb-t sticks but there is a new version.

5. FnordMan

FnordMan [H]ard|Gawd

How much storage do you need and what's the budget like? It may be cheaper just to find a cheap ~32Gig SSD and use that instead of some oddball little solution. (if you lack a place to mount it then you can just stick it to the side of the case with something)

6. [U]ber|Noob

[U]ber|Noob Limp Gawd

Well actually I ordered an odroid c1 to replace my movie pc so I can use my current movie pc as a general HT and tv recording tv (it's a celeron intel nuc).

I'll try linux first but if I can't get that to work I guess I'll have to buy another windows.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2015