Internal router issue

I seem to be having an issue with a wireless router that I have in my internal network. I have a wired firewall/router connected to my cable modem and have a wireless router connected to the wired router, both netgear. However, I can't seem to get it working correctly. The computers on my wired router can't see any of the computers on my wireless router.

IP examples are as follows:
wired router: 192.168.0.*
subnet: 255.255.255.0

wireless router: 192.168.1.*
subnet: 255.255.255.0

I tried statically setting the IPs but that broke all network connections on my wireless router. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you,
Dave

The wireless router is a firewall protecting its clients from the outside world (in this case subnet 192.168.0.x). Because of NAT and by design, you're not going to be able to access the wireless clients from the WAN side fo the router. You're better of not using the WAN port of the wireless router, and instead hooking in the wired router to a LAN port of the wireless router. That way your wireless and wired computers can be on the same subnet and share files. Just disable DHCP on the wireless router.

Indeed. No sense in giving yourself extra work like having to assign and configure extra subnets and whatnot.

Back