Internal Graphic card - 10bit output ?

ClassicMan

n00b
hi there,

I'm currently using Mac Mini 2018 model (i5, 8gb, 256gb & Mojave) and I know this Mac Mini contain "Intel UHD Graphics 630" which can give output via DisplayPort 1.2 as 10-bits (billion instance of million colours)

My monitor is Eizo CG2730 - it can display 10-bits via DisplayPort 1.2.

Now I'm thinking to buy another Computer Dell (i5, 8gb, 257gb m.2 & windows 10 pro) (Precision 3240 Compact or OptiPlex 7080 Micro Form Factor) both have built-in-graphic using "Intel UHD Graphics 630" do you think both will give 10-bit output via DisplayPort?

my purpose is only photoshop editing and web development project.

I just received the following information from our engineering team that I understand will answer your questions:
1. Deep Color is supported on HDMI and DP. Generally speaking, we do not have yet an option in Graphics Control Panel to manually select 8bpp, 10bpp or 12bpp. However, if the panel is 10-bit and the application supports 10-bit, then the driver will automatically enable it. Currently, there is no OpenGL* support for 10/12 bit with Intel Graphics driver, only DirectX*.

https://community.intel.com/t5/Grap...bit-video-support-DVI-D-Dual-Link/td-p/595864

Just make sure you're not trying to run an OpenGL-accelerated application, and it should work fine.

Thank you. I have not bought dell yet but are you saying I should install DirectX drivers In order to use 10bpp?

Does anyone here have a PC with “Intel UHD Graphics 630”, please check if you have the option to select between 8bpp or 10bpp from the Graphics Control Pane?

Thanks

Thank you. I have not bought dell yet but are you saying I should install DirectX drivers In order to use 10bpp?

Does anyone here have a PC with “Intel UHD Graphics 630”, please check if you have the option to select between 8bpp or 10bpp from the Graphics Control Pane?

Thanks
if you read the quoted text, yo can't force it in the control panel

However, if the panel is 10-bit and the application supports 10-bit, then the driver will automatically enable it.

with the caveat that the application has to support directx for rendering.I guarantee the latest Photoshop supports that/

if you read the quoted text, yo can't force it in the control panel

However, if the panel is 10-bit and the application supports 10-bit, then the driver will automatically enable it.

with the caveat that the application has to support directx for rendering.I guarantee the latest Photoshop supports that/
Thank you for the information.

Back