Internal cable extensions?

captaindiptoad

Limp Gawd
I would like to get some white sleeved extension cables so that it matches my color theme. I am looking at BitFenix cables.

I have
Seasonic 1050XP3 power supply
ASUS Z97-A
2 EVGA GTX970 FTWs
500GB Samsung 840 Evo
1TB WD blue
Asus 24x DVD-RW Serial-ATA
Corsair 300R
7 Corsair AF120 LED fans
NZXT CB-LED20-BU Light Sensitivity Sleeved LED Kit

I know I will need 4 6pin video card cables 1 8pin ATX-motherboard cable and 1 24pin motherboard cable.
(I think) 3 sata cables (1 SSD and 1 HD 1DVD)
How about for the fans? I'm not sure what I will need.
also the new type of power connectors (sata power connectors?) will I need 3 maybe 4?
Will the internal USB extendor be USB 3.0? i looks like its missing that odd pin.

I am not to sure as the parts are still in the mail.

Would the |H|ard guys be able to point me in the right direction?

Wait until the parts come in -- you'll have to return less items.

If you can't find what you're looking for in either Amazon or NewEgg, FrozenCPU is a good place to start.

Whelp i went ahead and ordered stuff anyway before you posted, literally spent like 3 hours going from website to website trying to figure out what I will need.
Hope I got it all.
Frozen CPU is a new one for me, Bookmarked it, looks great.
I am going to post pics with info on me building this thing step by step. I would call myself an armature PC builder and hope that it helps someone else along the way.

I am going to post pics with info on me building this thing step by step. I would call myself an armature PC builder and hope that it helps someone else along the way.

Just post the final pictures of the completed build. There are several how-to-build-a-PC guides (some with pictures, others with video) available with just a quick Google search.

Very true.

I may have to modify the fans though, I got the 300R with the H100i and I think I might have to take a dremel to it to get it to fit, we will find out probably this weekend, I think most of the parts have shown up at my house.

I will post the completed one in the 2015 battlestations thread.

I may have to modify the fans though, I got the 300R with the H100i and I think I might have to take a dremel to it to get it to fit, we will find out probably this weekend, I think most of the parts have shown up at my house.

Don't mod anything: Corsair makes both the 300R and the H100i. They should fit together.

Some mobos have large heatsyncs and the memory is set too high, sometimes they will collide, sometimes you will have millimeters of space. Will find out this weekend.

Last edited:
As I suspected I had to take a dremel to the fans. The H100I fans where way to large so I got some corsair SP120s and pulled the colored ring out, I then took a dremel to it so that I has 1cm clearence between the fan, the blades and the heatsync and the DIMM lock.

-Reserved for pic of dremeling

Back