Intermittent driver crash with Titan X on resume

Quartz-1

Supreme [H]ardness
I've got an odd one here. I'm running two Maxwell Titan X cards in SLI and I'm getting an intermittent driver crash when I resume from the screen being blank. I'm running driver version 372.54. When I go into Device Manager, I see the second card listed with an error and the error number is 34.

In the event viewer I see event id 4115: 'Display driver failed to start; using Microsoft Basic Display Driver instead. Check Windows Update for a newer display driver. '

This has only started happening since the Anniversary Update and I've had a couple of updated Nvidia drivers since then.

I've taken one of the GPUs out, and there's no sign of damage on either.

Try going back to 369.09 and see if the problem persists. I've read some people on the GeForce.com forums having the same issue with SLI on the 372.54 driver.

I've gone back to 368.69 and the problem persists. I didn't try 369.09

Try running with one card for a bit and then the other to see if one of them is the cause of the crashing. Really the only thing I can think of to try at that point. If one of them is not crashing but the other is, see if you can RMA it.

Also, since you're running the AU, make sure you downloaded the AU version of the driver. The AU is using a new WDDM version.
upload_2016-8-29_13-14-7.png

That's interesting. I double-checked and I do not actually seem to be running the Anniversary Update. I'm on version 1511, not 1607. More, I manually downloaded the update and that didn't work, so I'm going through the Windows upgrade process.

I've noticed my WSUS server is borked so I'm guessing that there's been a partial install somewhere.

Back