Interim upgrade...little help please.

merlin704

The Great Procrastinator
Well, some stuff came up so I won't be able to do as big an upgrade as I had planned. So I've picked a couple of items for my new setup but I can't decide on a good motherboard. Any suggestions would be great. This is what I have selected so far:

Intel C2D E6600
Corsair XMS2 2x1gb DDR2 800
eVGA 8800GTS 640mb
Corsair 620HX 620W PSU

Well, some stuff came up so I won't be able to do as big an upgrade as I had planned. So I've picked a couple of items for my new setup but I can't decide on a good motherboard. Any suggestions would be great. This is what I have selected so far:

Intel C2D E6600
Corsair XMS2 2x1gb DDR2 800
eVGA 8800GTS 640mb
Corsair 620HX 620W PSU

Unless you want SLi action, the Gigabyte DS3 will do you no wrong for ~$130 :D

I hear ClubIT guarantees revision 3.3 while for Newegg it's a gamble on which revision you'll get.

Unless you want SLi action, the Gigabyte DS3 will do you no wrong for ~$130 :D

I hear ClubIT guarantees revision 3.3 while for Newegg it's a gamble on which revision you'll get.

Well I would like SLi to be an option later in the future.

Well I would like SLi to be an option later in the future.

If that's the case you're not gonna be able to get away with a cheaper motherboard..

The Asus P5N32-E SLi or the evga 680i board is what you'll probably want to look into.

If that's the case you're not gonna be able to get away with a cheaper motherboard..

The Asus P5N32-E SLi or the evga 680i board is what you'll probably want to look into.

Does Abit offer a viable LGA775 board? I looked at the SLi options and I think I will pass...Also Im looking for something that overclocks really well and has 2 IDE ports....

Back