Interim Replacement iPhone

nitrobass24

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - December 2009
Guys - I am looking for some advice on what to do here.

My wifes iphone 5, just isnt working well anymore...mostly her fault. (battery life is awful, lock button doesnt work, IOS just acting buggy even after a restore). So I need to get her a new iphone. Her work only support IOS, so an iPhone it must be.

Verizon Upgrade not available until October 14'
iPhone6 could come out this summer/fall

Should i buy a used iphone5 off H,ebay, etc. and updrage her to the 6 in Oct/Nov?
Should i buy a Iphone5c or an iPhone 5s and just not upgrade her in October?

What would you do and why?

I'd go with jailbreaking it, and whatever the iphone version of a clean wipe and ROM restore is before I buy anything new.

Otherwise can she run with an iPad + data??

Take it to an Apple store and tell them the lock button is broken?

does it need to be an iphone 5? why not a 4s? quite a bit cheaper and while slower still a pretty snappy phone. just a thought and probably what I would lean towards.

if you are going to buy a used phone I'd check out swappa as well as ebay, seems like swappa can have lower prices at times, I've had good experiences with them.

-rad

5 or 5c and coast till October. 2014 is a great year to upgrade an iphone as a bigger screen is almost guaranteed.

Just use one of those free phones and then upgrade until the iPhone 6 comes out. Does she really need to use a smart phone right now?

If ios only allowed at work, then maybe have her workplace or employer provide a company iphone ?

Just use one of those free phones and then upgrade until the iPhone 6 comes out. Does she really need to use a smart phone right now?

We both travel every week for our jobs, so having email on our phones is pretty important.

If ios only allowed at work, then maybe have her workplace or employer provide a company iphone ?

Yea I wish but they stopped providing phones a year ago and now they will reimburse $200 every two years plus they foot our entire shared plan. I guess its a better deal to have our entire families plan paid for, but would be nice not to lay out for new devices.

If the market resale is good for the 5/5s/5c then get a new one now and get your upgrade in October and then sell what you get

If the market is bad grab an old 4, and wait for October, and gift the 4 away or sell for cheap

Back