Interesting story about this upgrade

sparky3009

Gawd
Well I decided to upgrade from the shuttle, so I bought a Antec 300 case, 420W PC Power & Cooling power supply, and a XFX nForce 730a mobo.....

Get to the counter... pay... get out to my car... reach in my pocket.... no key.

So I go back in to see if I could get a hanger or something to force my window down. The only thing they had was a hanger, and they wouldn't give it to me for liability reasons.... WTF!?!?!?

So I go back outside and try forcing the wnidow down.... too bad I only weigh 160lb because I was hanging on the window and it wasn't budging. (Window is already broken... it doesn't roll all the way up, and if you roll it all the way down, it wont roll back up)

So I go back in and ask what the cities cop shop policy is on unlocking cars. My city, it's $18.... that city.... the cops wont do it, but apparently a towing company will charge you over $100. I managed to find someone to do it for $40.... but that meant I had to return the case. Well it turns out, I didn't lock my key in my car... I lost it somewhere in the store. So I had to call my mom, have her find my spare (I had no idea where it was) and have her drive 45 miles in a snowstorm to get it to me.

Anyways, heres what Im doing for a case....

QAJm6x9Y5HButB_tlshmtQ

-sBMLWywbj9gbd2v9C4j1Q

I just locked myself out of my car last week sitting outside of best buy on the phone with like 5 different customer service reps trying to return something....so frustrated that I had to go AGAIN back into the store that as the door was closing I had that .....oh shit..... and knew what had just happened.

Luckily, however, I have AAA :p

That's why I'm glad I use a handbag for my keys and such ;)

Good to hear it worked out in the end, but I can imagine what an ordeal it must have been.

I don't have AAA and my mom wouldn't let me use one of her 3 free lockout credits.... I was standing outside next to my car with a mobo and psu for a little over an hour and a half. I'm warm now and playing with my new cardboard box pc, so I'm happy! :D

Check should clear tomorrow so I can go get my Antec then. YAY!

Congratulations :) glad to hear you survived the cold!

Back