interesting problem

ALL4AMD

I Go to Court for Fun.
I can boot and do anything with this drive in its system but once i open computer management this is what i see.

diskerror.jpg

now if i put this drive into my main rig i cannot access it as it does not have a drive letter but in the original system it has a drive letter and i can read and write.

Can't you force a driver letter onto it?

[LYL]Homer;1033137591 said:
Try an external USB enclosure to connect it to your main system?

i would like to know how this will fix anything? my main system can see the drive in bios and computer management but cannot assign a drive letter.

in the other commputer is the screen shot you see where i can access the drive.

Okay, so this drive is the boot drive or the system drive right? If thats the case, it would explain why, vista wont let you put two system drives in and assign them letters, it might be perhaps blocking you from doing so.

I reread your original post and my brain is still a little fuzzy, but my thought with the USB connection is that it is done after the boot sequence and that you could avoid that level of issue. If I'm not reading your post right just ignore this!

Well i know you said that you can boot from it and use it...however it looks like you may be having partition table issues if you notice in your screenshot there is no reference as to how the drive is formated..NTFS, FAT etc.

Also its tagged as EISA configuration partition???I thought that was only for like Recovery, and oem utilities that like dell and hp would put on your drive so you can restore to factory settings? So i'm a lil confused as to why your entire drive is listed as that.

I donno maybe ill just format the system anyways and put vista ultimate on it. (home premium)

Back