Interesting problem with ATI drivers on Windows XP Pro w/SP2

TylerJ

Limp Gawd
So, I have this laptop - a Toshiba Satellite L35-S2151 (a Black Friday '06 treat) and I recently reinstalled XP Pro from Vista. My problem comes from finding display drivers that actually work. The machine has an integrated Radeon Mobility Xpress 200M video card however, when I visit ATI/AMD's website and download the driver, it says that it's either incompatible with my system, or that a driver can't be found and I should install one.

This is VERY perplexing...I've even went to Toshiba's (horrible) website only to find that it takes forever to find the drivers that MIGHT work - the thing that really got me was, in the support/downloads category, they didn't even list my model; just an L35-2261 or something. So, I download the Xpress Mobility 200M drivers from Toshiba and, alas, I get the same error.

Does anyone have any ideas? Should I just reformat/reinstall? I don't have access to the original driver CD that came with the machine...even if I did, I'm not sure it'd fix these problems.

Thanks a lot guys,
TylerJ

P.S.
I also tried a few months of legacy drivers and the individual display drivers from ATI instead of the package. I had XP Home originally on this machine, wiped it, put on XP Pro and had no problems. After that I got a license to Vista through work and decided to try it out...When it ran it's course on this machine, I decided to switch back to XP Pro and only now am I having driver issues.

Back