Interesting Hack: Electric Violin Built into Baseball Bat

Terry Olaes

I Used to be the [H] News Guy
A reader sent this in yesterday and I thought it was wicked cool. Glenn Donnellan, a violinist with the National Symphony Orchestra, created an electric violin using a Louisville Slugger baseball bat. I embedded the video below for you to check out and yes, it’s real. Thanks jon8rfc!

See front page for video.

That's great. Looks a little weird with the bat against his throat.

They really should have picked someone who can play the Violin to show it off :D

Sounded kinda like the Jimmy Hendrix version, except he didn't go into "purple haze" at the end.

Very cool. Would like to see an electric cello made out of a cricket bat.

That is really amazing. They should invite him to play at a ball game. The crowd would go nuts. I know I would.

Definetly a home run with the crowds; i'm more interested if it would be a hit with the ladies, if you swing straight that is. Bet it would get you to first base real quick, as long as you wern't crowding the base or hitting any fouls...

:p

Definetly a home run with the crowds; i'm more interested if it would be a hit with the ladies, if you swing straight that is. Bet it would get you to first base real quick, as long as you wern't crowding the base or hitting any fouls...

:p

Dude... before a hand injury cut some tendons and ligaments in my right (bow) hand, I was a professional violinist and I can assure you that a well-played violin attracts a ton of beautiful ladies. Something to do with control of the form.

Back