Interested in a Plexi case...

Moose777

2[H]4U
Hey guys, its been too long since I've been on here. Over a year; at least. I really don't have internets anymore. I've got a house, a kid a wife and a mortgage.

I recently built a rig for my sister's BF and its got me sparked again. I'm still running the rig in my sig. But what I want to do now is gut the case and put everything in a plexi case I built.

Problem is, I have no real idea on how to work with plexi and I don't know how to build a plexi case that looks good.

I've got a piece of 3/8" Lexan that measures 3'x3' so, I'm thinking of starting there.

Heres what I'm looking at doing.

Making a cube. Perfectly square; possibly rounded edges. I'd like to mount the PSU below the MB, HDD's mounted external in a smaller box on the top or side. I kind of want it as small as possible, almost like a Gamecube (although I understand I'd never get it that small).

Does anyone have any ideas or maybe some pics that I can draw some ideas from?

Here's What My case looks like (It's A BTX Conversion I made myself, out of the box it was ATX).

MainComputerWithNewPSU2.jpg

It's not the most recent picture of my computer with all the recent upgrades, but it's the clearest shot of the Parts that hold the case together.

Here's a Picture of the Back Showing you how the motherboard is attached.

MainComputerBeforePCPOWPSU7.jpg

As for the Drives, there are two pieces of acrylic that the drives are sandwiched between.

Looks good. I'm thinking I'm going to build a frame out of aluminum. I just have to buy some more Lexan.

Home Depot and possible Lowe's sell plexiglass, True Value Hardware sells it and also cuts it. It is a bitch to cut - I would buy it at True Value and have them cut it for you.

Home Depot and possible Lowe's sell plexiglass, True Value Hardware sells it and also cuts it. It is a bitch to cut - I would buy it at True Value and have them cut it for you.
Cutting isn't an issue for me. I've got many a tool to use to cut plexi. Also I've tried Home Depot and Lowes and I didn't particularly care for their selection or lack thereof or thier prices. $60 for a piece of 1/8" Lexan measuring 2' x 2'? I think not. I may have found a website that sells 1/4" sheets 3' x 3' for $39.

i have always liked the idea of clear cases, but they always look to messy to me. I like being able to hide my wires behind the motherboard tray and not having to deal with seeing them.

Cool I like it!

Have a Acrylic case also.

Have the same switches , nice, just have to build them in.

Con: I have the HD's mounted directly on the plexiglass... what you have is much better.

Gonna change that for noise reduction.

In the future I am gonna build me a own design plexi with nice thick plexiglass cause it's a good noisereducer material.

Back