Intel's Spring Deal 2017

Comixbooks

Fully [H]
Intel seems to have bumped up the Summer Deal usually in May to early Spring.
It doesn't give any more specifics.. Hoping for a Kaby Lake chip

Bout to loose some market share in the enthusiasts space, gotta move some product. (Catch those doing new builds now, rather than later)

Bout to loose some market share in the enthusiasts space, gotta move some product. (Catch those doing new builds now, rather than later)
I read this somewhere else and it I didn't even think of this. I think it is a decent approach even if they are losing money on the chips they sell in the deals.

Those prices are just ridiculous for the new spring deal. Even though it would be $229 for me as a master...Anyone that is an apprentice is almost paying the same price as microcenter. Seems Intel is getting desperate considering Ryzen's capability for the price...But trying to throw 7700k's around for almost retail price isn't what I'd call a "Deal"...I'll pass.

WOW wasn't expecting such a price Hike I'm a Legend it's kinda a pain to keep it every year.
I'm going to read the forums and see what the people think it's still a nice price but wasn't expecting that much of a Jump. They are only offering one chip this time around usually it's a combo of two chips or a SSD mixed in. Basically you are saving 149.00 if you buy the chip as a Legend still a deal if you really want the chip which I do.

Chips.jpg

I still think I might go for it I mean it's a 1,000 point jump for a Passmark score so it still will do some good I suppose I could pass up this one and see they offer something down the road but that. Means another motherboard upgrade anyway since Kaby Lake is a end of cycle for motherboards.

I rather spend the money on a Graphics card before a slight jump in a chip.

I'm going to skip this because I wouldn't even notice the upgrade basically.
I rather have a 1080ti or something that would make a difference more so.
I think Intel maybe was swamped by the last deal so decided to raise the price and cut back or something.
It could be cheaper in Winter I might go for it then....

Price was definitely a shock for me as well, especially with pricing in the past.

I think there are a couple things at play here.
- Can't cut the price too much since there are already major cuts on the winter and summer deals
- Attempt to keep some market share since Ryzen is making a bit of a splash.
- Extra deal during the year and first time offering Kaby Lake

The question I would have is "will there still be a summer deal?" If there is, it might be worth waiting if you don't really need the upgrade at this point.

I still think I might go for it I mean it's a 1,000 point jump for a Passmark score so it still will do some good I suppose I could pass up this one and see they offer something down the road but that. Means another motherboard upgrade anyway since Kaby Lake is a end of cycle for motherboards.

I rather spend the money on a Graphics card before a slight jump in a chip.

I would put money on the Summer Deal and the Winter Deal this year being a 7700K. Probably be something of the x99 variety though.

The 6700K for the winter deal was $120. These prices are inflated for the deal, but compared to retail it's still a decent deal for people who have an older machine. If you have a 4770K/4790K/6700K probably not worth it.

Yeah that was my upgrade cycle I started with the 4770K dropped in a 4790k then got a new motherboard for the 6700k along with Ram.

WOW lol they must be feeling the heat from amd so making money where they can and not give out too many discounts. I got a 6850k in the winter deal for 200 bucks as an apprentice. That price is an insult to retail edge, not worth taking all those tests lol.

I still might buy this sucker I mean you only live once I could see them knocking like 20.00 off for the Summer Deal or something.

I still might buy this sucker I mean you only live once I could see them knocking like 20.00 off for the Summer Deal or something.
In a retail world this is sometimes the best approach. Who knows where you will be working next week and this stuff goes away.
And I hope this isn't the shift in their pricing model. These are typically the $120 chip in the Winter/Summer deals so maybe this midstream pricing is a blip.

Yeah I think I'll go for this chip since I wanted it from the start when it was annouced it's on sale today maybe in a few hours or so.
2-3 FPS gain over Skylake it think it's worth the extra overclock over Skylake....
I like replacing CPUs it's fun stuff.

In a retail world this is sometimes the best approach. Who knows where you will be working next week and this stuff goes away.
And I hope this isn't the shift in their pricing model. These are typically the $120 chip in the Winter/Summer deals so maybe this midstream pricing is a blip.

Yeah you wonder if the program will stick around? The store isn't even worth the effort unless you have off that day for the refresh. Next Wednesday is the next refresh 22nd have about 68,000 chips in the kitty...

It's live but decided to skip it......

If it was a big performance gain I would get it but it's fractional hair line for games anyway.

Maybe if it was 119.00 instead of 199.00

Back