Intellitype and XP pro

oboyco

Gawd
Finally upgraded to XP pro from ME on a new HD. I have a MS Intellimouse optical mouse and went ahead and downloaded Intellipoint 5.2 for XP. Problem is now, I used to use my right back button to refresh on the internet. This option isn't even available with Intellipoint5.2, and it was with my old 3.1 (which won't work with XP.)

XP installation went great, can't believe the difference.

How can I get my button to refresh, or am I stuck with it? What was MS thinking?

S1nF1xx said:
Try downloading Intellipoint. Intellitype is for keyboards. ;)

lol....thats awesome
i have to say.....ive done that before too...but i never posted my stupidity on a forum before. (not flaming you...as ive done it before)....but ya...intelipoint should fix your issues
get both tho...as its good for the keyboard too

lol, yeah that would do it. However I made a typo, I indeed downloaded intellipoint and have these problems. Sorry about the error, too many MS intellis I guess :eek:

so i take it you have tried changing what each button is set to by going to the control panel - mouse - ect...
hmm...lemme check
well.its not on the list...
BUT
i believe there is a way around it...
theres an entry for keystroke combination..where you can enter any keystroke combination..
put in ctrl + R
that should do it for you.
try that and let me know how smart i am :)

Octave, I don't see a keystroke option on the mouse button pull down menu, but I'm now running Intellipoint 5.0 because 5.2 didn't have the refresh option either. Control R will work off the keyboard as does the refresh key on my ms natural keyboard running Intellitype Pro :)

Not a real big deal, but I just don't understand why ms doesn't have the option the previous versions did. I wonder if I bought a new mouse I could have the refresh option there. Probably not from MS.

Just one of those things you get used to with a simple click rather than move the mouse or revert back to the keyboard.

Thanks for the help

Back