Intellitext causing long page load times

Status
Not open for further replies.

draconius

2[H]4U
I'm not sure if anybody else has had problems with this, but as of lately, when I want to reply to threads, when I hit the reply button, I end up waiting anywhere from a minute to over 5 minutes before I can actually start typing my reply.

I am running on Ubuntu 6.06, with Swiftfox (optimized firefox build) 1.5.0.6, however, the problem arises for me on a Windows XP x64 machine with firefox 1.5.0.7 as well. Two different locations with two different ISP's. I don't run any ad-blocking software, and I am not behind any kind of content filtering firewall at either computer.
<edit> I am using the full wysiwyg editor as well -- switching my preferences to the basic editor will allow the editor to load, but I cannot add images or use any of the buttons, since the page is still saying it is loading data from intellitxt </edit>

The page will load everything except the 'editor' for typing into -- the page just sits there saying 'transferring data from hardforum.us.intellitxt.com'.
Even if I refresh the page, this continues to happen over and over.

Specifically today, I was trying to reply in this thread and the page would just sit there waiting and waiting, and I have not gotten it to load yet (it's been sitting for 10 minutes already). This happens quite often in the networking & security forum for me too, as that is where I post most frequently...

Is this something that is wrong on my end? Can I do something to prevent this? it is quite annoying that I have to wait for the ads to load on the page before I can type my response -- I normally dont care about the ads, but when they impede on the ability to use these forums, then I start to rather dislike them..

You are the only user that has reported this problem since the first day we have been using this. I am sorry for your problems but given the specific and somewhat odd software configuration you are using, we don't have the resources to investigate this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back