Intellimouse Explorer 3.0 New revison Thread

ReTiCuLeX

Gawd
Thats a fine mouse there and a good deal. IMO it was better than the Intellimouse 4.0 and their sticky left click buttons.

OMG did they *finally* bring back the design I am craving for?
I've been using original Microsoft intellimouse w/intellieye 1.0a
No other mouse is good for me, it has a soft wheel click and is curved to fit my hand.
http://www.tcocd.de/Pictures/Peripheral/Microsoft/intellieye10.shtml

Tried half a dozen other mice but I hate them and couldn't find this model anywhere and my original is failing.

The new one you posted above looks like it could work for me.
I hope I can "test feel" it at best buy soon...

i had a MS mouse like exactly like this, loved it.. i may bite, even though i dont need it :p

I'm going to bestbuy today to look. There employee's suck. They make you way on hold for 10minutes, or just never pick up again, you call back and they say "we don't have it"

logitec's design is much nicer imho, even tho its more expensive and has more buttons that i never use.

ReTiCuLeX said:
That's the old revision 0013.

The pic might be of the older model but the part # matches the one in the OP's link and the item is stated as the 3.0... :confused:

the old 3.0s supposedly came with a lifetime warranty. my old one had a button go bad and i never traded it in because i knew they would just give me a 4.0. i wonder if i could swing a new 3.0 now?

I'd love to see a mouse someday that has adjustable firmness for the scrollwheel, both scrolling and as a button.

I like my scroll to be super light to the touch, so I hate most mice with tilt-ability since that makes them incredibly firm and hard to click.

Not sure how much I will like the "notches" on the scroll for this new one.

I have 2 sealed original intellimouse explorer 3.0 I bought off ebay because I was getting random double clicks from my old one. But since I have migrated to mx-1000, they are unused. I guess its a good backup gaming mouse :)

Is there a performance difference between this new "revision" and the old 3.0?
Better optical sensor???

I hvaen't seen the new Intellimouse Explorer 3.0 yet at Best Buy, just checked today. Had one of the employee's check for me in thier system and i see an in stock date od 9/21/06 but its not.... will be on sale for 40 bucks. So no luck yet at BB at berryessa in San Jose.

vibe said:
I'd love to see a mouse someday that has adjustable firmness for the scrollwheel, both scrolling and as a button.

I like my scroll to be super light to the touch, so I hate most mice with tilt-ability since that makes them incredibly firm and hard to click.

Not sure how much I will like the "notches" on the scroll for this new one.

Try out the new MX Revolution, it has a "frictionless" scroll wheel which can either be clicky, or with a flick will spin on its own.

As for the new 3.0, yes it has a better sensor. It is basically a new mouse inside the old 3.0 shell.

I got 2 of the classic 3.0's and I love them, I will prob snag up that new one, mine has a nice wear mark on the left mouse button :D

I have an original Intellimouse 3 on my laptop and I just bought a Microsoft Laser Mouse 6000 ... they're surprisingly similar but the laser mouse has much better precision.

They are actually packaged with a QcK Steel mousemat at Fry's for $39.95 right now. If you're looking for an Intellimouse 3 replacement/upgrade, I would highly recommend it.

The Fry's Intellimouse that comes with the mouse pad is not the new revision.

S1N3R6Y said:
Is there a performance difference between this new "revision" and the old 3.0?
Better optical sensor???

And no one has still answered his question, which is something I wanna know about too.

Uhhh wow, this is it! STaples in Socal had a CRAPLOAD of this... intelli 3.0 mouse on display.... next to the logitech revolution??

I also forgot to mention, it was the cheapest mouse they had, 19 bucks. No joke.

acaurora said:
The Fry's Intellimouse that comes with the mouse pad is not the new revision.

And no one has still answered his question, which is something I wanna know about too.

Err, I know it's not the new revision.. it's a completely different (laser) mouse but the shape is 99% the same so if you like the Intellimouse, you'll almost definitely love the LM6000.

I don't know what the res of the original IM3 was but here is a good article about the new revision - http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1697,2019066,00.asp

I've worn out 3 of these mice. On all of the, the right mouse button went out. Not sure if its a design flaw or just bad luck.

I started with the 1.0 years back. Came with a lifetime warranty though, so when I broke I got a 3.0 and loved it. Unfortunately, that broke too; now I have the 4.0. Nothing about it is an improvment over the 3.0. It isn't as comfortable, and I don't like the scroll wheel.. Good thing the buttons feel like they are about to give out...

Maybe I trade it in for the new 3.0, use that on my laptop, and buy the Habu for my desktop when it comes out.

aZn_plyR said:
Uhhh wow, this is it! STaples in Socal had a CRAPLOAD of this... intelli 3.0 mouse on display.... next to the logitech revolution??

I also forgot to mention, it was the cheapest mouse they had, 19 bucks. No joke.
It's not on Staples' site. Are you sure about this?

Were they black, or just silver? :confused:

MS Explorer 3.0 Mouse KICKS ASS!!!

I'm currently using one. I have had it ever since the thing came out! The buttons are a little TOO broken in, so I am really looking forward at picking up a new one for my next system build.

IMO this is the best mouse ever. The responce time is no worse that the best $80 mice and better yet its a BIG mouse. So its great for guys with man hands!

o0akoni0o said:
are those the new ones? they look like the original.

They just don't have a new picture with it. All of the manufacturing numbers and such are the same in every sense so there are bound to be distributors with the older image. A guy on Gotfrag confirmed that he called them and they said they were brand new shipments. Also, there's no way in hell they would have over 1000 of the older ones :D

I still have a 3.0 and i prefer it over any of my new logitech mouse (that are now sitting in a drawer)

Lol, now I don't feel alone being nuts over this mouse haha. I'm going to buy a bunch and put them in a safe, just incase.. Oh ya, I'm gona try best buy today again, they were putting out boxes (toats) of new stuff last night. So far I got one coming from costcentral.

petvirus said:
logitec's design is much nicer imho, even tho its more expensive and has more buttons that i never use.
i hated logitech's stiff, segmented wheel and hard clicks and bulkiness :(

Erasmus354 said:
Try out the new MX Revolution, it has a "frictionless" scroll wheel which can either be clicky, or with a flick will spin on its own.

As for the new 3.0, yes it has a better sensor. It is basically a new mouse inside the old 3.0 shell.

Problem with the revolution mouse is that the scroll click is not a button. It engages or disengages the scroll wheel clutch ONLY for free spining or ratchett. Cant use it for anything else. Im used to clicking with the scroll button for special functions. Plus being all metal, that wheel and assemble has a lot of mass to move and you can feel it if you are used to a regular plastic scroll wheel. I used one for a night before returning it for those reasons.

It is not positioned as a gamer's mouse, although it costs like one. Losing a wheel click for a free spin was a dumb idea. Whoopie, I can free spin it to the bottom of a bajillion line spreadsheet...

This mouse can be had at many onlines stores now. Buy.com has it for 31.99 with free shipping but I got mine from techonweb.com because they had it a day sooner. I payed 38 and some change at techonweb but I would say it's well worth it. Buy.com's free shipping isn't bad but they take their time getting the item out, you're looking at 3 to 4 days atleast. At techonweb they have the cheapest fedex ground I've seen, I ordered my mouse late Tuesday and it was shipped yesterday morning and I got it before 2pm today. :eek: So i would say the little extra I paid was worth it.

Links

http://www.buy.com/prod/Microsoft_I...l_Mouse_5_x_Button_s/q/loc/101/202836420.html

http://www.techonweb.com/products/productdetail.aspx?id=C86991

Back