My friend and I both have 2600k's at 4.3ghz. He's got an asus p8p67 release model (the one with sata issues?). Mine's an asus p8z68-v lx. Pretty minimal overclocks (since we're both currently on the stock cooler and hit tjmax pretty easily).
I get 100+ gflops whereas he gets 46-48. What's going on? Both windows 7 x64 with 16gb ram. I'm even using the igpu (although my ram is clocked at 1600 vs his at 1333 right now). Tried manually choosing 4 threads. No difference.
Note I'm watching temps and core speed, so I know it's not throttling down. Besides, it'd have to throttle down quite a bit to more than half the speed.
I get 100+ gflops whereas he gets 46-48. What's going on? Both windows 7 x64 with 16gb ram. I'm even using the igpu (although my ram is clocked at 1600 vs his at 1333 right now). Tried manually choosing 4 threads. No difference.
Note I'm watching temps and core speed, so I know it's not throttling down. Besides, it'd have to throttle down quite a bit to more than half the speed.